I'm a failure

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ~Heather~, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Heather~

~Heather~ Well-Known Member

I feel awful. I want to keep it confidential so a member I was talking to yesterday said he was going to go through with it. I tried to talk him out of it but I guess it was no good. Then he stopped answering and went offline. I'm not sure what to do. I'm really worried. When I told others it just was kind of dismissed.

I feel so worthless like I dont belong here...

I've already failed someone...

2. StarryNightSky

StarryNightSky Well-Known Member

Heather, you're not a failure. You did all you could really do to help him. Sometimes there's just nothing that can be done to help someone, it's not your fault. Sorry your feeling so awful about it.

Take care

3. ~Heather~

I know, thanks for the reply.
    I've stayed up all night about it. I'm not sure why but I'm anxious to make sure he's okay.

I've given up on sleep all together for today.

I just can't help but feel like there was more I could have done.

4. pancakes

pancakes New Member

It's not your fault. You are not responsible for the wellbeing of others, only the wellbeing of yourself. If someone has made up their mind to end their life then there's not a lot anyone can do.

5. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

heather you are not a failure,you held out a hand to someone in trouble and that makes you someone,what doesnt help one person helps another,just think someone else could read your threads and think what a nice person i hope i can get to talk with her,where would we be without people helping people?if i can help you ,you can pm me anytime,from what ive seen there are no failures here were all here to help eachother hope youll come back.

6. kote

kote Account Closed

you honestly did all you can do!!! and thats a lot and helps many people!!!

ive had times when ive lost someone on here, i just hope they have found another website or they are tired of talking when they feel unwell.

dont worry or you will get us all worried. just know you did your best!!!

7. kote

kote Account Closed

also you probably have your own stress at the moment too and you were ready to take on someone elses. now thats super human if anything. you did great. take care and relax and most of all get some sleep please, we all feel very emotional when we have had a bad night and little sleep. just take a load off for today and rest please.

8. stig

stig Well-Known Member

Heather, you did what any decent human being would have done. you should be proud of yourself for trying to help a fellow person. Get some sleep hun. as posted above we all need sleep and think better after getting it. you may not have been able to save them anyway. if he has gone take heart that he is at peace now and that he knew he was thought of and not alone. you tried everything that you could. :hugtackles:

9. ~Heather~

Thank you all :hugtackles:
    I did manage to get some sleep. He contacted me back so he's still alive.

I really hope I can help him, and that he'll reach out for more help soon. But for now I'm glad he's okay.

Thanks again, every one of you! I'm so glad I came here :shelbi:

10. down-and-maybeout

down-and-maybeout Well-Known Member

you probably saved his life, well done on what you did heather

11. stig

stig Well-Known Member

all good then. keep talking to them. if you need support whilst supporting your friend then feel free to pm me. keep posting heather. let us know how you are doing.

12. StarryNightSky

StarryNightSky Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that he contacted you, and that you managed to get some sleep.

take care

13. ~Heather~

I didn't save him his method just didn't work. Sorry should have been more specific on that.
    But thanks for the encouragement :)

And I'm fine now really. He does have a post up from last night so I'm hoping he'll get more help from there. Thanks for the help guys.

14. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

You are not a failure hun. All you can do is help. It is up to the person you are helping to take it or leave it. You did your part which is Moe thank have done recently.

15. ~Heather~

Thank you :)

By the way I love Miku! I'm listening to some vocaloids now actually.

16. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Miku is awesome, I find vocalids are a therapeutic. I hope you are feeling better.

17. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I'm glad to hear that he is okay Heather. Now you can get some much needed sleep. I've been a member of SF for a while and it does feel good when you're able to help save a few lives. But don't feel bad if you don't save everyone. Being a member of SF means that at some point, someone is going to commit suicide, and you have to be mentally prepared to deal with that. It's definitely not for the faint of heart, but someone has to do it. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.