I'm a fake girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by fakegirl, May 19, 2013.

1. fakegirl

fakegirl New Member

I realized over the past couple of years that I am one of the fake "bitches" out there but yet I talk about them and bitch about them. I treat my family like shit over my friends. I am a pushover that lets my friends walk all over me but... I totally put my family aside because of this. I am a compulsive liar. Not only do I lie to my family and friends, I lie to myself all the time. I want to believe that I am a better person but I'm really not. I don't know what to do. I feel like i should end all of the lies my ending my life. I don't want to hurt my family anymore. I don't want to keep living like this. I am very tired of putting on an act. I pretend to be happy and i pretend I am ok with a lot of things but I'm really not. I'm scared that if I put the real me out there no one would like me.
    what do i do?
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Now that you recognize it: change.
    Set goals to become better. Let your conscience take over your actions.
  3. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Things will turn around for you overtime. Just jog down things day by day to help you cope.
    Good thing you picked up on it though. Who knows someone might like the real you. Don't be afraid to let the inner you come out. You might be surprised. :)
  4. Doodle

Doodle Well-Known Member

The lies will still be there, it won't be solved if you end yourself. It's great that you're aware of yourself. Now you need to take the next step. There's no shame in being scared, it can be scary. But don't you think it'll be better than what you're doing right now? If you didn't, you wouldn't be here talking about it. Give yourself the benefit of a doubt. BlueWeepingRose is right; you may surprise yourself.
  5. Big M

Big M Well-Known Member

Suicide will just destroy everyone who cares about you in your life. It sounds like you are a people pleaser and you lie in order to not offend people. As far as treating your family poorly, tomorrow is a new day and you can change that. I know peer pressure is powerful but I would say if things are getting to this point it is time to end these friendships that are damaging you so much. It may be harder for you than it was for me because I was never in a real clique and when you are not in a big group of friends it is easier to slip out of it. Seriously though if you are considering suicide, take it from me, that is the worst possible option. Talk to someone about the suicidal feelings or at least tell them you are experiencing depression and want help. There are far more solutions out there than you realize and you have the option to pursue them. I didn't realize it until things got really bad. Best of luck to you.
  6. Mayflower7

Mayflower7 Banned Member

Hi FakeGirl,
    It is hard looking at yourself, great you want to change. Be yourself you do not need to lie, your friends should like the real you. Do you have any family issues that may have caused the way you are with them?
    Improve your confidence so you can believe in who you are. Please don't hurt yourself, you can change. People are forgiving, please seek out therapy/visit your GP/dr for help with feeling so low.
    Look at your positives and in other people if you can, be kinder to yourself.
    I help your life improves for you.
    Take care