im a flump....seriously

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by TinkerLoop, Jun 8, 2008.

1. TinkerLoop

TinkerLoop Well-Known Member

ive put on weight and ive been ill for 4 days throwing up and passing out not eating and im still managing to put on help.
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Well before you do anything you need to get better and find out what's making you sick.

My hairdressser has just lost 3 stone in 10 weeks :eek:hmy: on something called "Lighter Life" apparently you can only go on it with your GPs blessing..but she looks amazing. I think Lloyd's the chemist has the details.
  3. DarnTired

DarnTired Antiquitie's Friend

Although I haven't been ill, I can certainly understand the feeling that you're getting too fat. Two months ago, I was 250: the fattest I've ever been on this planet. I took 20 days to cut out everything that I knew was bad for me and I dropped 25 pounds. Now I'm back to being bad, but I am lighter than I was. When I looked in the mirror when I was 250, I just saw a hopeless case: someone who was always going to look like that. I was depressed, despondant, but I tried and did a good job anyway. It's not easy. One thing that helped was telling another person that I was going to lose weight. Just having that other person knowing made me try harder: I felt (in a crazy way) that I might be letting them down if I didn't lose weight. I realize that's probably not the best way to do things (I should have the pride in myself to improve myself, not dump it in the lap of someone else), but I can't argue with the results.

Having an understanding friend helps when you have to face something as hard as weight loss.

I also agree with what our marvelous friend Terry said: you should find out what making you ill. That can be scary too (I'm a hypochondriac and I'm always worried about my aches and pains) but I think you can bounce back from this. Trust yourself.