im a horrible person

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by indie, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indie

indie Active Member

someone is gonna hurt hiself because of me he said so, this proves people will be better off without me

2. ODIECOM

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

would you care to elaborate ?

3. jenny17

jenny17 Member

I don't think whoever he is he will do it, a lot of people use threats like that as a kind of emotional blackmail... I've known a good few of them and none of them follow through. If he does do anything it's not your fault, nobody is responsible for what other people do. The fact that your so upset about what this person said they'd do shows me that you are a good person and I can't see how anyone could be better off without you.

4. indie

indie Active Member

i was gonna meet my dad today ive not seen him since i was 18twice i ahve been told tht he was dead and i was stupid enough to belive i was finally safe from him but hecontacted me over the phone a few weeks ago, and we arranged to meet but in the end i couldnt do it i couldnt face him i wasnt ready to, and so he keeps phoning threatening to hurt hiself and saying its my fault he says because i didntgo that it means i dont love him. so if he hurts hiself its all my fault

5. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

your dad sounds like an emotional tyrant. hes playing mind games with you. if he hurts himself its his doing. you need to either chill out and youll see him when you can or forget about him. he obviously caused you pain in the past, so dont let your present and future feelings be crushed by this man

6. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

It's not your fault if he hurts himself, that is a mean thing to say to his kid. Sounds like he wants to force you to see him...if you're not ready, don't. You and you alone know what you need and what's good for you...if he keeps saying those things maybe its time to disconnect from him...block him from calling you or change phone numbers....

you're not a horrible person, he is...

7. shatteredinaspect

shatteredinaspect New Member

It almost seems better if you would stay away from him.
    What he is doing is completely unacceptable, and mean, and is not something you do to someone you care about.
    But it isn't your problem/fault he is acting the way he is, it's just a childish and really dirty way to get someone to do what you want.
    I have been in the same situation (although a little different, considering it was a lover and not a relative) and I can say that you'll be better off not feeding into it at all.
    Please understand it's him that is wrong, not you.

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It wouldn't be your fault if he hurt himself and he really has no right saying that to you.
    If he keeps threatening to hurt himself , call a doctor or the hospital. :hug:

9. indie

indie Active Member

now i have more reason to give up on everything.

10. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

:hug: this isn't your fault and it isn’t fair that he is trying to manipulate you in this way. If you’re not ready to see him face to face then you shouldn’t have to. I think that you should call him and lay down some very strict rules regarding your relationship.
    Tell him that you love him dearly, but you will not be manipulated this way, make sure that you are to the point, then tell him exactly what it is you want regarding contact tell him that this is the way it is going to be.

Please remember that if he does lash out on himself it isn’t because he wants to hurt himself, it’s because he wants emotional power and control over you, don’t give him the satisfaction.

Stay safe dear, always here to talk if you need me-you know how to get hold of me :)

Nila-Rose

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.