I'm a new widow on SF and not a minute too late

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Laura101, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura101

Laura101 New Member

HI there. I'm new.... and not a minute too soon. SF stepped in right at the lowest point in my life. Thanks! I'm too old to be chasing love, and too tired running after dreams. My life was devestated and trashed in June on Father;s day when my husband died suddenly of a heart attack. My kids were devestated, and my life in shambles. But I realised one thing.... I was prepared to die for him at one point, now I;ll live for hi:sigh:m and keep his memory alive by keeping my family together, Nobody said it would be easy, but it would be worth it.

2. lostbutnotfound

lostbutnotfound Well-Known Member

Hi Laura

Welcome to SF :) I hope you find the support and kindness here that you deserve. It sounds like things have been really difficult for you, and I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your husband, I can not begin to imagine the pain you and your family must be going through. It is really positive that you are working towards living for him, keeping his memory alive, keeping your family together.. this shows your strength and courage. Please keep posting, and reaching out for support, people here will help as much as they can. Feel free to PM me if you ever need a chat :)

Take care :arms:

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...it is a very good reason to live one's life in someone's honor...I do that for a friend I lost years ago...and someone I lost this Sept...they never would have wanted me to give up...and sometimes I use that as inspiration...and like you, I am sure, I wish they were here...my deepest condolences and glad you found us...welcome again, J

4. Pécheur

Pécheur Account Closed

Hey, welcome to SF.

It's nice to see someone who has realised what is important and worth living for, I'm happy for you.

I'm sorry for your loss also, can imagine how awful it must have been on all of the family, nevertheless.. you'll find good supprt here with this.
    Good luck, chin up.

:hug:

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi i am glad SF can be here to support you through your grief. I do hope you and your children have some support councilling in place Staying alive for your children your family YOU your right he would want that hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.