i'm a paraplegic because a person shot me with a handgun and he got away with it

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by jasperado, Jun 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasperado

jasperado New Member

about 4 years ago i went to a friends house in the country and he had another guy there who was shooting guns outside, i do not like guns so i went into the house to avoid them and i was playing an acoustic guitar, after a short while they came inside and i was still just strumming away on the guitar not paying attention to them and the one guy somehow fired his gun and it shot me directly in the chest with a hollow tipped bullet and it went through my lung, liver, diaphram and exited on my spinal cord, i was sure i was about to die and somehow the paramedics arrived and kept me breathing and now its four years later and i am still in terrible pain physically and mentally, the guy who shot me never visited me nor offered to help in any way and he also was never charged with any crime, even though he had been drinking and shot a person, also he has been protected by a small town of a corrupt justice department, his mother works with the county prosecutor and his brother is a cop and his other brother is a lawyer, needless to say i never got any justice. I live alone now and i'm paralyzed and struggle everyday to find reasons to keep on going, life is one big terrible joke. can anybody offer me advice or consolation to this terrible situation that is my life?

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry for everything that has happened, he should have been charged, grossly unfair that he wasn't based on what you've said.

The way I look at things like this is: I was in a coma in 2011 after a major OD and I think to myself that I have been given a second chance at life, medically I shouldn't have survived it but I did. And I am so grateful that I did. I have stopped taking things for granted and am now currently trying to get my life back on track.

I do hope you can find reasons to go on and to live for because you deserve to, if you don't find them let them find you.

I hope you settle into the forum soon, we're a friendly bunch here and again am so sorry for what happened. Can't even imagine what it must have been like. Terrifying.

3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry that you are down but you can live and we are here to help you. I know you feel that like there is no justice in the world. You have to remember to people who use this forum are hurt in many ways but we pull through. Like a repeating record, just think someone, somewhere understands your pain and is willing to help you this dark period of your life. I truly care and do not like others suffering as life is about being compassionate and helping each other. I understand you are struggling but do not feel you are alone.

The people who truly understand are the ones who suffer everyday. Please take our virtual hand and let us help you. You have to remain strong and PM direct to talk.

There is a point in living and you will get through it. You are a survivor and you must not feel anything else.

4. islandification

islandification Well-Known Member

So sorry for what happened to you. I would at the least sue the guy for every cent he had or ever will. Nothing can replace what he took from you.

If I ever saw people using guns like that I would just leave, especially if drugs or alcohol are around. No good comes from that situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.