Im a Survivor... and you can be too...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by compgril1522, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. compgril1522

compgril1522 New Member

Im new this site, but when I did a search and I found this site. I felt the same way y'all did. However I was in Elementary when I felt I could go on. You see I was and still am over weight. And of course Kids at that age can be mean and cruel... hell even my 6th grade teacher was nasty to me at one point and said a mean commit about me "Running". I remember oh so often I remember waking up in the morning and being said because I "woke" up. At the young age I wanted to die. over the years I went to these forums and people would just come by send me information and then leave. But i felt like they didn't understand me. They just posted their opinion about it and that's it.

For me. I went to this site www.jennyanswers.com its pretty much like this however more of a personal level. I can honestly say its been years since i even thought about death, and i feel like i owed it to that site. But then again that's for me. Everyone is different but for me personally I needed that one on one talk with someone and even though I'm way pass that... I still talk to Jenny till this day . everyone needs help some times, its just good we now have different ways to go about it. :rolleyes:

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Nice of you to post such a positive success story here. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors and hope you stick around here if you can.

3. compgril1522

compgril1522 New Member

Oh i sure will, Im just glad they have things like this to help people. the way they do. :mort:

4. braddd

braddd Member

no offence but your not a "survivor" if you haven;t tryed suicide...you havent felt the guilt and self hate of yourself for been so selfish for trying to take your own life and feel like "im my mothers only son but i could be 6 foot under rotting away right now"...but then at the same time you think things like "so now i've survived...why aren't i happy" "uwww its friday everyone around me's smiling making plans with there girlfriends" or the one and only

"who am I really?"

if you have tryed suicide im very sorry for writing this..and im in a bad mood so dont take offence

glad your here to try help people though and I am glad your happy...im pushing myself to be like you, it will take time but i'll get there...cant expect true happiness at being an 18 year old boy now can I? haha

5. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Brad: You do not have to attempt suicide to be a survivor. She survived a horrible childhood and I guess she's implying that she could have given up at that point. There are "survivors" of the holocaust and other types of horrible illness and depression that have never attempted.

I know that the last part of your post was positive and I hope we can be of help to you. I hope you continue to post and meet some of the wonderful, caring and insightful people at SF.

6. braddd

braddd Member

didn't mean it in a bad way but....mehhh no need to have silly arguments over what is true survivor suicide over net forums

to the OP :) sorry

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I thank you for bringing a positive attituse to the site.. Maybe by being here you can help at least one person feel better about themselves.. Take Care!!

8. compgril1522

compgril1522 New Member

Yes, because i don't want anyone to think that they have to "make the attempt" in order to be serious about wanting to kill themselves. the thought of ending your life is a warning enough . because at that point if the attempt is made ... then it could be TOO LATE !

And once its TOO LATE... you can never go back to change it. :love:

9. kerplunk86

kerplunk86 Member

I don't mean to be rude, but to suggest everyone can be a "survivor" because you are is naive at best. It's nice to hear about your success story though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.