I'm a useless failure

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Right U R Ken, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

I'm a grown man for god's sake and yet I can't and never have done anything right. I haven't even done anything right by accident for crying out loud.

And don't you just love those people that have nothing better to say than how it's going to get better? Decades of hearing that is enough to drive a person crazy.

I just wish there was a decent way to check out.

2. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Life says you can check out any time you like -- but you can never leave.

Sorry. Anyway, I've heard it too. Hang in there, things'll get better, keep plugging away. I feel really trapped these days. The only worthwhile thing I do is go to mental health support meetings for help. I don't have a job, and I'm not looking for one either. Why is giving up so frowned upon? I don't make an effort, and I don't give a shit. If that bothers people, well, it's their fault.

3. Right U R Ken

That's just a song.

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I bet there are things you've got right Ken you just can't see it that way at the moment. :hug:

Have to say I just love people who tell me "everything is gonna get better" just what I want to hear when feeling like shit :dry: Trouble is they are often proved right. Nothing stays static and some days are so much better than others.
    Think about what you would like from life, sod everyone else for a bit, and then go for it. It can be something as simple as a long hot soak in the bath or a life changing decision, but in the long run we are the masters of our destinies..so grab it by the balls and go for it.

5. Right U R Ken

This is why I put "decades" in my post. No nothing has changed in DECADES including being alone. And yes I've "gone for it" more so then most people in fact. I didn't call myself a failure because I didn't try.

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You haven't failed at everything. I know I have seen you offer support to others here at the forum, both in chat and on the boards. What you had to say was usually full of sense and helpful. I know you have tried to wait for things to improve. I hope you continue to try. We never know what tomorrow may bring.

7. Hey, at least your good at 'failing' thats something to celebrate..

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

this post was frickin stupid? what was that supposed to mean, i dont think people like to hear sarcasm on a suicide forum.

9. almosteasy

almosteasy Well-Known Member

"When you know you have tried but still failed....always" Thats gotta be one of the worst forms depression can take. I understand where you are coming from, Im there right now. I hope things get better for you.

10. Right U R Ken

Yes, thank you Lynn. I do find madasafishbone's post rude and offensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.