I'm addicted to alprazolam

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by NoIdeaWhichName, Oct 4, 2016.

1. NoIdeaWhichName

NoIdeaWhichName Active Member

When i don't take pills for 2 days i become angry, suicidal, paranoid, nervous... Terrible feeling. I can't even sleep normally when i don't take it. I sleep for few hours and then i wake up in cold sweat.
    I feel like it doesn't helping me anymore but i can't live without it... What I can do now? I was taking them to calm down and get rid off my suicidal and negative thoughts and depression and it was helping but now everything is even worse than before. I can get them when ever i want because i have a diagnosis but I really want to get rid of them. How to stop this addiction?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I have successfully come off xanax in the past. I recently came off valium. Since they are prescribed and thank goodness for that ask your doctor to help you taper down on them. I was on 3mg daily and my doctor reduced it by 0.25mg per week between march-july with just one to 2 weeks it didn't come down, the withdrawal was barely there because I was tapering down so slowly. Xanax is extremely addictive and coming off cold turkey can produce seizures so please do it under medical supervision. It CAN be done and you CAN do it. Believe in yourself and don't let things spiral out of control.