I'm afraid I won't deal with it

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by No_Angel, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No_Angel

No_Angel Member

So after 7 years of esting disorders ( every year I lost ang gained at least 30 kg).Last year I decided to do it the right way,i started losing way slowly...and it was fine..I ate normally..I looked good,and most importantly I didn't feel like crap...
    But I started eating again...I have awful belly fat now..I f***ed up everything again..I hate myself..When will this end..Guys ,I really need a shoulder now...please tell me it's gonna be ok...

2. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

:hug: 7 years, I can't even imagine the pain this is causing you. Have you spoken to your GP about this? If not you maybe should, I'm sure they can help you...I hope you can get back to feeling good about yourself. If you could do it last year you can do it again, right?

3. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

When you say you 'started eating' do you mean you've started to binge? Perhaps think about anything that might have bought the desire to binge, on?

How are you feeling emotionally, generally?

are you afraid of it turning into a bulimic cycle thing? I do understand that worry.

What helps me is, allowing myself to binge or even b/p when I feel it would help and not beating myself up about it. If I do beat myself up then it'd disintegrate into a huge nightmare...

and what has happened in the last month or so I'd b/p once and I wouldn't do it for the rest of the month. I suppose I've built up a lot of coping things to deal with the feelings that come on after b/ping or even binging. I just tend to go to sleep, then clean a lot afterwards- a type of purging in a way? I don't know.

I do hope this helps you.

4. No_Angel

No_Angel Member

Yes , I binge and I'm afraid I will gain weight again....and that I will have to lose it again.
    Here's the thing that bothers me.The "diets" i were just torture - I starved myself and then I came to the point when I would KILL for a chocolate.So I started eating but imagine the guilt I experienced so I binged to ease that feeling.
    I referred to some foods as "forbidden" -which means either I don't eat them at all or I binge.

Last year I managed to eat one donut and stop with it.But now the fear has come back-I'm afraid that "forbidden" foods even in normal amounts (an ice-cream for example) will make me fat...

5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Your causing yourself too much stress by terming and thinking of some foods as forbidden.

6. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

I truly wish I had the right advice for you. Unfortunately all I can offer is support, but I hope that's enough. Now that you've overcome it once, though, you know that it's possible. You were able to have a normal diet at one point, which means that while things are tough right now, you know it's possible to recover. Just try and stay strong when it hurts, because you've already proved once that you are strong enough to overcome it. PM me if ever needed. :hug:

7. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

First you should calm down, binge eating a few times does not undo everything you have acheived so far. Inform yourself about healthy eating. Binge eating is by no means the way to gain weight and starving is not the right diet, any healthy eating menu will help you regulate a healthy body weight. Don't be afraid to eat or not eat depending on what you need! Some people dislike healthfood which is understandable but look with an open mind because healthy eating habits are the best solution. You might take interest in learning to cook so you have better control of WHAT you eat rather than just HOW MUCH. Working out will help. Not the muscle building type, just make sure you get your fair share of fresh air and some walking each day. Log on if there are any problems you wanna talk about we're always ready here!
    Don't be afraid to keep ice cream and donuts on your menu either! Certain lifestyle modifications can allow you to eat anything in reasonable ammounts.

8. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I think the above posters have great points, but also think it's not food that's the issue here, there's probably a lot of emotional things going on which is being transferred on to food and rituals with food......that might be helpful to see a therapist to find out what exactly is going on with you at this moment..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.