I'm Afraid I'll Give Up.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Emi, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emi

Emi New Member

Hi, I'm Emily, I'm 20 years old.

I have been sitting at work, not doing my job, but rather reading a book because I have no motivation. The only reason I get out of bed in the morning is for my parents and my boyfriend, because I know if I didn't, it would make them angry or hurt them. I don't want to hurt people. I want to curl into a ball and disappear, I want to sleep for weeks or months and wake up new and fresh and happy. I'm not happy. I'm sitting at work, not doing my job, wondering if I'll make it until tomorrow... or if I'll call my drug dealer after a couple months of staying clean... or if I'll just run my car off the road on the drive home.

I'm really glad I found this site, it makes me sort of, almost, hopeful.

2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF Emi! :)
    There is always hope for the future, you just can't see it at the moment. :hug: Feel free to PM me for anything.

3. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF :)

4. Emi

Emi New Member

5. whiskeylullaby

whiskeylullaby Well-Known Member

welcome to sf emi :hug:

6. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF Emily. There are many caring and wonderful people here who have experienced something similar if not exactly the same feelings that you are having.

Many of us are on meds. and/or in therapy. Have you tried to talk to a professional about how you're feeling. Also, while most illegal drugs I can think of, (and the many that I have tried may take the edge off temporarily) will only make you feel worse in the long term.

I hope that you can find some solace here.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum Emily, I'm glad you found us. :)

8. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Emily.

:hug: xx

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF Emily. Depression can take away any sense of motivation you may have. If you have not seen someone about how you are feeling, I would suggest you make an appointment. You may have some health related issues going on. :hug:

10. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Welcome to the forum Emily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.