I'm afraid of my potential.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by I'm_trying, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm_trying

I'm_trying Well-Known Member

I've had suicide thoughts for years. Within the last two years they have become worse. But recently in the last couple weeks and days they're really intense.

I have a week off and have a plan written in stone. I have a suicide note. To be honest, I plan on doing it tonight. Another day won't make a difference.

I've let most of my fears go and really really do want to go through with this. I can't keep holding on and wishing for things to get better. I'm 20 years old and have no future. All I've ever wanted is to be happy and needed.

2. Pickett

Pickett Well-Known Member

What exactly makes you feel like dying?

I'm in a situation where I feel there's no reason to hold onto hope anymore either. I'm 23 and I know for a fact my future is destroyed.

All I want is to be happy and needed too, but maybe it's not to late for you. I know it is for me. If I can help someone before I die I will feel better.

Are you otherwise healthy? That makes a huge difference. Many people take their health for granted. If you have that going for you and you are only 20 that is a big, big plus.

3. LoveBeing

LoveBeing Well-Known Member

You are only 20. You deserve a lot more time to experience life…

You want to feel needed - do you feel you need someone? That “someone” is also waiting for you to make him/her feel needed. Please give yourself time. The fact is that you are needed. Maybe you just cannot see or feel it now…

What are the fears that are still there? What kind of things do you wish to get better? Please talk to us. Lots of people here care and would listen with compassion…

Here is something from an article at http://areason.org which link someone else posted on this forum somewhere. The article was written by someone you can easily relate to:

4. Littlestoxie,

I'm 21, lonely, unloved, struggling with finances, and I can empathize with you, I understand you, I've been thinking about doing it, too.

But I realized that you live only once, and there's no reason why you should leave without experiencing things that life has to offer. It's not late to achieve whatever you wanted... ever.

And we just entered into our twenties... got quite a bit of time to achieve the goals and find our happiness, don't we? :)

Do you know what would it take to make you happy?

Make a list, write down what do you desire from life, and then — when you know what you want — you can get it... but you have to do something about it, you have to take active role in your life... don't just passively wish for things to change, many people do that, but it doesn't get them very far. Just focus on making little steps towards your goals and you'll be way ahead of those who just quit without taking what's theirs.

Do whatever you think will make you happy, make small steps that will bring you closer to happiness... and try not to feel overwhelmed with life, it's easy to get into a trap where you think changing things would be hard... but it isn't, it just seems so in the beginning.

It's kinda hard to describe my thoughts and emotions into words, but I hope I helped you see things clearer.

You're an intelligent person (don't ask me how I know... let's just say it has something to do with well-written, errorless post above, and the way you reason about things), that's a big asset, just put it use and start working on making your life better.

I know this all sounds like preaching and you've probably had that "It's easy for you to say" thought multiple times while reading this, but please think about what I said, it's not like I'm making all that up... it's something I believe in, and something that helps me get through all of this.

If you want to talk about anything, feel free to message me, I've also got skype ID in my profile... I'm not trying to sell you anything, just want to accompany you on your quest to happiness... We're all just trying to find our peace in this world, and it's easier if you've got a friend on that journey. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.