im afraid

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by starryeyed, Jun 15, 2011.

1. starryeyed

starryeyed Well-Known Member

Im terrified to let anyone so afraid of being hurt
    When I post online I feel targeted ( not here )
    But I have no one in real life.i joined a dating site and when they see my picture I never hear from them again.but im not really that bad looking
    This guy that seems to like me is not great for communicating
    Very random confused.i have no confidence
    I posted on support site and all I get is people saying why are you posting here
    I thought support sites you didnt need to explain perfectly coherant posts
  2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

about the dating sites, guys are weird on there, I don't know why but they aren't good at talking at all...1 out of 10 actually talks, ask questions and you don't have to force the convo...I don't know why it's like that...but I can relate to that...sometimes I feel like I'm a FBI agent prying information out of them lol...

or once in a while you'll get the one that knows what he wants and is serious so his questions are direct for what he wants...

I know how you feel, I have a hard time letting people in, especially men for dating...I always expect to be hurt...but slowly with experience I find that I'm opening up a bit don't give up...take your time and you will meet the right person...

here you can post as many incoherent posts as you want, most of us don't judge and we help as best we can :) :hug:
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Well your braver than me, cos dating sites :eek:hmy: ...........flees!
    Must be a lot of people who, desperate for some company, join up and then freeze up. So it may not be anything you're doing, but just the whole "oh hell wtf do I say!"

And that was one weird support site, if it doesn't actually give support...sue em using the trade description act :laugh:

Good luck with the hunt for a partner, you never know where or when u might meet someone.
    I got chatted up in the queue in Tescoes :laugh:
  4. starryeyed

Guys you really make me laugh !
    Terry the queue at tescos wow ! You must be lovely,well youre a nice.person anywy
    Yeah ill go off the dating site,its a bit desperate
  5. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

yea, the internet can be a bit dodgy for relationships at times. because u meet people like me that dont no how to talk! lol XD

it also sucks when they dont reply to ur message or something and ur left wonder why? :|
  6. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I'm sorry you are afraid. I think a lot of us here feel the same really. We've been hurt or burnt or abused or used or all of the above plus some.

It takes a lot of courage to try and trust again but you should only perhaps try to give some of your trust to those people who deserve it. Have they shown you by example that they have your best interests at heart? If not, be cautious.

You never, ever know when you'll meet a special someone. It could be online or as was said in tesco, or waiting for a bus or whatever.

It is always nice to have that companionship, that special someone. Just be careful, make sure you feel comfortable enough with them that they deserve your company etc.

7. starryeyed

Thanks guys
    Its been days since I have heard from that guy.i feel like hes not worth it.
    Ive never met anyone who was interested in me before that didnt keep in contct with me
    It makes no sense
  8. starryeyed

Plus im really sick today and no one cares.
    I feel like theres no point in anything
  9. starryeyed

I must be a really bad person to be this alone.
  10. LoveBeing

LoveBeing Well-Known Member

You know you are not a bad person…

About the dating sites, that’s how my husband and I met - so it’s not all bad :)

Do you look happy in your picture? Sometimes our state of mind can be just as important if not more, you know…

Think something nice about yourself…feel the truth in them…be a good friend to yourself…

With loving wishes and hugs :hug:
  11. starryeyed

Its a picture of me grinning from ear to ear
    I had my braces off so was smiling all the time.theres nothing wrong with my pictures
    I dont think its normal for someone not to even text you if they like you
    And I know nothing bout him.he said he would tell me when I sent more pictures but I still know nothing about lucky to get any reply when I text him and if a conversation is started he ends it very soon
    Hes the one got in contact with me.i wish he hadnt tbh
  12. LoveBeing

LoveBeing Well-Known Member

Dear starryeyed,

Sorry I missed this thread. I still have not figured out how to follow the threads…

Please smile from your heart - no matter what happens in life - just remember that you are truly a beautiful soul…

Maybe it helps if you don’t think too much. Just let things happen naturally…?

Be a good friend to yourself, hon, your unconditional self acceptance/love can generate an invisible vibration that the people around you can feel…

Don't let others put you down. Get in touch with your inner self...

With loving wishes and hugs :hug: