I'm aging but my life is just standing still

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Aurora Gory Alice, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Does anyone else feel like their life is standing still?

I am going to be 27 in five months and when I look back over the last ten years (since leaving school) nothing has changed, I have achieved nothing and my life hasn't moved on at all... all due to my depression.

I was on facebook - yep I know that was a silly idea - and I was looking at the group made for people who left school in the same year I did, basically people were talking about having a ten year reunion this summer and explaining what they had done and what they had been up to.

In my year alone we have teachers, politicians and barristers. People who have gone travelling, people who are living in other countries, even people who have just moved half way across the UK and away from their home towns. About 60% of my year are married or attached, and as many appear to have children and families already also, almost everybody appears to have a career and has had a substantial event happen in their life.

The biggest event to happen in my life was my suicide attempt.

My life just isn't moving on, I am an adult and all grown up but I still feel like a child.
    I still live with my mother.
    I don't have a job or a career.
    I barely have any friends.
    I don't have a boyfriend.
    I have no money, no prospects, no future, nothing to look forward to.
    I spend all day wallowing in my depression.
    Nothing has changed... when will it ever.

2. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Come to Ireland! Gather a bit of money and come to Ireland or Northern Ireland, you can still get the dole in norther ireland cause its the uk and you will get housing allowance.

3. Aurora Gory Alice

Hun, that'd be so so bad! That'd be like just doing the same thing I'm doing now but in a different part of the country. :(
    I need things to change - properly change. Just feels like every time I try I wind up back at square one for one reason or another.

4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I really highly doubt that, Aurora...Moving to another ****ry may help in the long run. It'll give you something to look forward to!

5. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

I was being selfish cause i wanted ya to come and see me. I dont think you should move, that would just add to problems cause you'd have money worries with rent and bills. I went to Australia sure and i needed to come home to sort myself out. I dont have the solutions sweetie sorry, i wish i could give you happiness though cause i care about you alot!!!!

6. Aurora Gory Alice

Aw thanks K, you know I will come and see you anyway though! :D
    I think moving with no money and no job would be pretty hazardous yeah. I just feel so damn stuck. Like I keep trying to help myself and f*king up somehow.

7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, Facebook is a place where you HAVE to show you're moving in any direction whatsoever (but going nowhere)- so many are addicted to that thing. The main focus is to do exactly what you're describing: tell great stories about their 'achievements.'

There is a good possibility while those people are buzzing round doing this/that/the other, they don't know WTF they are doing and saying (especially if they are politicians :tongue:). They might look at their lives 20 years down the line and won't remember half the places they went, be in unhappy families and marriages, and be in a lot of debt.

They could be living incredibily lonely and depressed lives. Doing all those things does mean someone is happy, content or enjoying every minute, especially if they feel they need to "share"/compete with others in circles on Facebook.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
  8. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Patsy, i was thinking of you last night and similar to what ggg said,just cause it looks great on the outside doesnt mean that that person is an less depressed or unhappy as you or i. Like, if you wer to look at me a year and a hlaf ago ok, i greaduated with top marks, had a steady bf, drove a bmw, landed the best job in the world, earning loads of money but i still wished every morning that i was dead. As the saying goes, never judge a book by its cover. we dont know what is behind peoples smiles.

But i know one thing, you have something none of the have........MOI :)

9. plates

plates Well-Known Member

What I meant was doesn't. Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.