I'm almost done with this.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by DawnB, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DawnB

DawnB Well-Known Member

I've filled out so many job applications--more than I ever have. I just don't know why I even bother. I have no skills--especially people skills. The worse thing is, I just turned 23. There's no excuse for someone my age to have no skills for any type of job, not even a fast food restaurant.

I can't seem to win any scholarships and I'm already in debt up to my eyeballs in school loans as a result. I'm about to cry right now. Everytime I feel like I do as much as I can (I do have hard classes too), I get rejected and I feel like I've been lazy.

I don't know how much longer I can take this. I'm completely broke, my mom is in debt up to her eyeballs as well. No one can really help either of us.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Maybe you should break up your study habits.. Try studying for two hours and then take a break, go outside and walk around a little.. The fresh air will help clear your head.. Take a thirty minute break and then go back to studying..Do this for every two hours.. A good diet helps also..Give it a try.. And remember you have us here to vent with..

3. DawnB

DawnB Well-Known Member

Well, classes are over now, but the main thing is, they're the reason I've had no success finding scholarships or writing good cover letters for jobs.

Now that I'm home, I in theory have more time, but all the scholarships are gone, and no one is still hiring me. The worst part is my mother wanting me to pay for things when I have almost no money left. The real problem is money.

4. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

Your monetary situation could change with the drop of a hat. You must have the skills to work, but finding a job can be tricky for sure. You seem warn out from having to look for work after college, which is probably a pretty common concern. Lots of people end up knee high in debt, but not everyone patronizes themselves for not working right away. If you take a step back, you may see that your struggles are more about how you perceive them than about how much they inhibit you in and of themselves. After all, everyone has problems, but for some of us they linger at the back burner or are out of sight and out of mind.

5. DawnB

DawnB Well-Known Member

I don't have any skills other than typing fast and using some software (Word--but anyone can use Word). I've not had a job in my life (scary, I know. I blame myself for not taking any initiative all those years, though no one pushed me to get a job either), and my people skills are next to zero. Doesn't help that I have speech impediment. The only work experience I have was being an intern, but that isn't enough. I am very worn out. I keep telling myself if I just spend a little time on this and that, something will come up. I finally had one interview, but I didn't get the job.

I also live with a mother whose monetary situations is worse than me and stresses out about it, so it never helps with how I perceive my problems. No one helps us, but she and I fight constantly about money, so it's hard to rely on each other, too.

I like distraction and doing things that relax me, but I'm constantly reminded of how financially unstable I am in and what I could have done to prepare myself better.

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Have you tried the internet to find links in the feild you studied for?? You may have to move if something comes along.. Just don't give up.. There is something out there for you.. You just haven't found it yet.. I have a friend who was in your same shoes and she kept searching the net and finally found a job..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.