I'm alone

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by AgentCooper, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AgentCooper

AgentCooper New Member

I'm reaching out here, hoping that someone will be able to empathise without being condescending.

I want to die.

I'm very lonely and I truly have no one in my corner. I have literally no friends or acquaintances. I'm very isolated. I don't have a job and I haven't worked in over six years. I have a disability pension on account of the mental illness that I've been trying to overcome since my teenage years. I'm in my mid-late twenties now. I don't even have anyone left from school since I was especially sick between twelve and seventeen, so I was isolated and had no friends as an adolescent. My family is messed up, my brother is an alcoholic living in a residential rehab program and I can't call him there, he wont be out until next year. My father doesn't talk to us. My mother is really condescending. I think she resents me for being such a failure even though she left a lot to be desired as a mother.

I hate myself. I'm a really bad person. I'm completely dysfunctional and the only value in knowing me is the ability to use me up and I deserve to be used- this is how I feel. I want to be normal. I want a career, friends and the ability to support myself financially. To have agency, to be a strong, self sufficient adult.

I just don't know how to do it and I have no self control. I have a decent education, I finished a bachelors degree this year. The problem is that I didn't work or volunteer or intern as a student because I couldn't deal with the stress. Maybe I'm not as smart or as organised as a normal person, all I could find time for was my university work. Even then I only just scraped through and it took me a few years longer than normal. Taking on a job at the time was just not an option, especially since I've had a few really rough patches throughout my 20's were I've attempted suicide, dropped out, stopped getting out of bed and so on. My degree is in English and it was truly a pointless endeavor since I'm unemployable. I didn't think it would end up like this, I didn't realise that not working while doing my degree would leave me unemployable. No one wants to employ someone who spent five years trying to finish a degree in English without even doing an internship or working.

I feel so trapped, trapped in the suburbs on a disability pension. I have no drivers license either, never learned to drive a car. I have no support network. I'm a massive loser and I don't know how to change. I want to kill myself. I'm worried that it will come to that soon. This time I'll do it properly. I've had enough lame attempts in my past and I feel that the next one will be the real deal. I'd rather succeed and escape from my present circumstances than die, I just don't know how. I'm not sure that I can, I have no support and I can't support myself properly. I'm scared of myself. I'm worried that it's too late to make my life better. As the years pass I resent my family more and more, become more withdrawn, isolated and aimless and dying just seems like the most sensible idea. To escape from the pain if I can't overcome it.
  2. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

You're welcome here. I can't claim to completely know the same pain you do, but I have dealt with a lot of pain, enough so that I did try suicide a few weeks ago. I found this place and found some support here, I think no matter whet you've experienced, someone here has probably been there, too.

In a way, I'm alone too, so I'm glad you're here.
  3. tudor_77

tudor_77 Member

Hi Cooper,

I feel I understand what you are going through as I have a fairly similar situation myself. I am 34, have a family who haven't wanted anything to do with me since I was 17 and as I have become more withdrawn over the years I have drifted away from my friends so never really speak to anyone and feel completely isolated. I wonder though, why do you seem to blame yourself so much? Calling yourself a "loser" etc... You have done brilliantly considering the mental health issues you are facing and is it really your fault that you dont get along so great with your family?? I have similar problems with mine and blame them completely.

Do you currently see any psychiatric professionals or take any medication?? It sounds like you actually have a great deal going for you if you can only get the help you need, I know its easier said than done but its worth trying everything before giving up on life completely.
  4. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

Hi AC
    I wrote you quite a long message, then when I went to send it, I had been logged out of SF. Raging. LOL. The long and short of it was that I can relate to what youre going through, I suffer from debilitating anxiety and although I work, I am only barely functioning there and I think I am going to get the chop soon. I struggled with my degree too, took five years to do a three year one, wouldve dropped out but couldn't justify the money it cost me. anyway enough about me, I'm afraid of getting logged out again,PM me anytime hugs DEEx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.