I'm always alone.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sweet&simple, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweet&simple

sweet&simple New Member

I don't even know what to say really. I've never done anything like this. I just feel like I need someone to know. I've tried years of therapy. Years of different medications. I think about suicide often. I wonder what would be the best way to go about it. I never say anything to anyone. I rarely tell anyone when I'm sad. My friends are very busy. My boyfriend is absent a lot. My family goes days without talking to me or acknowledging me.. unless they need to tell me what I'm doing wrong. It's disheartening to try so hard and get absolutely nowhere. I'm not sure if I'll actually do it.. but I feel I've exhausted all other options.

I just needed to let someone know.

2. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

It can be very difficult with no human contact for extended periods of time.

are there any groups or clubs you could join to allow you to mingle with people? any hobbies you could take up, or evening classes, just to get you out of the house?

there's lots of us here who understand how you feel. and you'll find plenty of people to talk to here.

Take care

3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

You are not alone.
    I am glad you are here with us.
    I hope you will stick around here and get to know some of us so you might feel more comfortable talking more about what's going on with you.
    Let this place support you in your time of need. At the very least, know that there are so many others who feel just like you, and you are not alone in the feeling. You are not isolated. We are all here with you.
    with love :heart:

4. sweet&simple

sweet&simple New Member

The thing is.. I have this really great life.

I have a good job.

I'm taking 4 classes.

I have a boyfriend who loves me unconditionally, probably more than I love him, and would do anything to help me and be there for me.

And I'm so unhappy.

I don't understand.

5. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

It definitely sounds like you're unhappy about something.

from your first post it sounds like you have an all pervasive unhappiness that is longstanding. My therapist suggested that it was a part of my personality - 'dysthymia' she called it.

But it seems that your life is lacking in fulfillment somehow. can you genuinely say, hand on heart that you've been 100% open and honest with your therapist(s)?

try writing down *all* the things about yourself that make you unhappy.
    also try writing down all the things around you that make you unhappy.

once you know what is making you feel unhappy, you can start to work on those things.

hope that helps

6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

You could have everything in the world and still be unhappy.
    There must be issues undealt with from the past that are keeping you from being happy now.
    Therapy did not help at all? Maybe try finding a new therapist.

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

agree that your therapist isn't helping. You need to find a new one..

8. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

When life seems really good but you still feel really depressed it can sometimes relate to a traumatic experience at birth. Have you ever explored this avenue? S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.