I'm always sorry

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I always find myself apologizing for things that are not my fault. If someone gets angry and takes it out on me, I apologize for that. If someone gets mad at me for something small, and chews me out, I'm the one who apologizes. I do it to keep the peace because conflict makes me uneasy, and people being mad at me makes me panic. But the amount of times that I tell people that I'm sorry pales in comparison to how often they say it to me, and even less when they actually mean it. So, how do you stop apologizing for things that aren't your fault? I know I should just stop doing it, but I feel like I can't. How do I stop being such a pushover and just let people apologize to me when they need to, instead of the other way around?

2. Painful2b

Painful2b New Member

Be assertive.

Next time you find yourself in a situation where you're right and they are wrong, tell them to apologize. If they don't, tell them they are wrong and you are not apologizing for something that isn't your fault, then walk away. Yeah, they may be mad at you but who cares. Living in fear and guilt for something you did not do is not healthy.

Stand up for yourself.

Stop being bullied.

Fight for your right to live with respect and dignity.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Thanks, I know you're right, but it is hard for me to be assertive when I've pretty much been a doormat all of my life. So now when I stand up for myself, people don't seem to take me seriously. I always seem to live in fear about so many things, but I can't do that anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.