I'm baaaack!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by SAVE_ME, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Hey all, I'm not actually 'new' here, but I've been gone for quite a while. Sorry I kinda just bowed out quietly without a word, but I kinda wanted to distance myself from the site until I actually had some good news to report back with. Anyway, those who remember me may or may not know that since November last year I had dropped out of college and spent about 9 months claiming jobseekers allowance a.k.a. "the dole", or welfare to you guys in the US. Well, 9 months on and I'm pleased to say that I am now back in education as I've just started a BA Design For Computer Games course at university, and let me tell you something, I am glad that I've finally seen the back of that jobcentre, and I hope it stays that way too. For 9 months, every 2 weeks I had to go down to my local jobcentre and sign on. It was depressing to say the least, especially when you were an A-grade student back in school as I was, and people had all these high hopes for me, it kinda made me feel like I'd let all those people down, and I used to sit there as I was waiting for the staff to call my name, and I'd look around at some of the people there....you know, the kinds of people who actually didn't give a damn that they were living off scraps, and I used to just think to myself "F***! I do not deserve to be here!" Well now I'm happy to say that, as well as the uni course I'm on, I've also managed to get myself a little part-time job. Back in June I was invited to one of those group selection interviews by Toys 'R' Us, which was unsuccessful. Well, the day I moved out to go to uni, I was contacted by them again, and they'd invited me back for a second interview, so naturally I was crapping my pants because it was my second chance and I didn't wanna screw it up lol, but the interview went well and at the end, the manager made a few of us wait behind and told us all that we'd been successful. So that's that, I'm gonna be starting part-time down there next month, at least over the Christmas period anyway.

Also, those of you who remember me may or may not know that I was in a long distance relationship with a girl in the US. Well, about a month ago on what was supposed to be our one year anniversary, my worst fears were confirmed and she told me that she no longer felt the same way about me as she did when we first got together, and dumped me. Being in the state that I was at the time, I tried all those 'desperate' attempts to win her back like telling her how much she meant to me etc etc. This just infuriated her even further and she just snapped at me and said that she never loved me and admitted to stringing me along all that time. After that I just decided to let her go and stay away from the internet for a little while, experience life in the real world again.

Well, a month on and.....I haven't completely healed but I'm starting to see that maybe it was for the best. I mean, chances are I was going to meet someone else at uni and I'd have to let her down. The scary thing about it is that the week before I'd had a lengthy discussion with my counsellor on what to do if I did end up meeting someone else, how to let her down and all, and well there ya go. I guess I've just been saved the trouble lol. I guess these things happen for a reason though eh? The one positive that I can draw from all this is that, should someone else come along, I know what to do and what not to do next time. I guess the whole thing has made me a little wiser and stronger too. I mean, it still hurts a lot and I still have a good cry about it every night, and it's gonna remain that way for a while because she was my first love, but the good thing is that I'm starting to pull myself together and get on with my life now. I wanna work on myself before thinking about dating or relationships again.

Besides all that, I've now moved out of my parents' house and moved into a 2 bedroom flat with my brother which is closer to where we're both studying. So far I have to say I'm loving the freedom and the independence. It's kinda like a kick up the ass for me too because for the 19 years I've been on this Earth I've basically been 'mothered' and 'mollycoddled' to the point where I found it difficult to do anything for myself without relying on the help of mummy and daddy. Just simple things like learning how to cook and clean and do my own laundry, that sort of thing, and I'm taking more care with my appearance and personal hygiene etc.

Anyway, that's about it, it's good to be back and I hope to have more updates in the coming weeks, and I will try to help out others if I can. Thanks for reading. :smile:

2. sakuragirl

sakuragirl Well-Known Member

welcome back and congrats youve accomplished a lot. glad to have you here :)

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It's good to see you back sean. thanks for the update. you have accomplished a lot since you were last here. Congratu;ations. :hug:

4. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome back to the forums. :) Congrats on your accomplishments. Take care :hug:

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome back to the forums

6. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Welcome back Sean!

7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

welcome back :)

8. Theory

Theory Well-Known Member

Welcome back Sean!!! :smile: :hug: