I'm back from being inpatient

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by DannyBoy, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyBoy

DannyBoy Well-Known Member

And it was successful was there for 2 weeks. In fact I didn't want to leave heh. I felt safe there.

I actually had a lot of suicidal thoughts about coming home again, but that's where this effexor comes in. Holy shit is it strong.

They got me on 300mgs of it with some ativan and I feel pretty high, probably too high, I hope it balances out over the weeks.

I think I cherished the people I got to meet in there. It was a nice group. Got phone numbers and all.

But I just wanted to drop a line of hope that there are meds that can really help with suicidal thinking and shit. I thought I was immune in my situation but apparently not. (And my situation was bleak, I was basically waking up and doing nothing with myself, no interest in anything at all) I tried lexapro + wellbutrin then he just said effexor all the way. I'm on like day 9 of it and it's helping a lot, there are some shitty side effects like delayed orgasm, feeling hot and sweaty, but anything is better than depression/anxiety.

One other thing I've noticed is I get wet dreams after taking it and going back to sleep. It's sweet but then I wake up and it's hell all over again.

I can't say that I've eliminated it totally, but not being depressed about everything sure as hell helps. I just hope I don't turn out to be bipolar because I'm flying after months of being suicidal....

2. kayako44

kayako44 Active Member

Glad to hear that you are out!

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

so good to hear your positiive experience...I hope others read this and it motivates them to seek treatment
    those effexors are great arent they?!
    i hope you continue to recover..

4. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Those drug side effects sound good!.....I should ask my doc if I can go on 'em! :laugh:

It's good to know that you're feeling better :), hope it continues :hug:

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

glad to hear you went in and got the help you needed good for you

6. DeepEmz

DeepEmz Well-Known Member

Well done Danny, well done for staying strong and pulling through. This for you is the new beginning in your life, you can do it and you will.
    :hugtackles:

7. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

welcome back. inpatient has saved my life, several times over. keep up the good work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.