I'm back

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Lizzieni, Apr 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizzieni

Lizzieni Well-Known Member

Hi
    I haven't been on this forum for almost 4 years. The depression relented and the self harm stopped.
    Until now. Psychologist says severe depression is back, self harm is back and GP is waiting on Psychiatrist referral to make changes to medication.
    I SH before coming on here tonight. Suppose I should've gone online first but....
    I almost posted a few weeks ago but chickened out. I never felt able to help after my crisis ended but then felt guilty for not helping others whilst I was well. Silly me for thinking I'd never be back here.
    But here I am needy and clingy.
    It's strange to go through it all again. Psychologist says at least I know it ends this time. It feels like failure to be repeating those feelings and actions again; to recognise them. Here we go again.

2. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

Well I wish you'd be back under better circumstances, I'm Andy, I've been on this site for about two years.

3. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Hi, and welcome back to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear you've hurt yourself and your depression is back, but hopefully once you get the medication back under control you should feel better.
    Don't be ashamed, depression is a horrible illness, but you can kick it again! And selfharm is a difficult cycle to break.
    Just don't give up, keep reaching out; and remember, you kicked it once, so you can kick it again!

*hugs*

I hope you're safe and that you took care of your wounds

4. Lizzieni

Lizzieni Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I forgot how quickly you respond. I'm in UK so went to bed after posting. I do feel better for sharing.
    And yes all safe and clean re injuries.
    Hi Andy!

Thanks for the support.
    We'll see how today goes.
    X

ThePhantomLady likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.