i'm back..

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cren, May 25, 2016.

1. cren

cren Well-Known Member

i haven't posted anything here for months.. i just decided months ago that posting here was doing more harm than good.. but i think it's safe to post here again.. seeing as my friends before don't visit this forum as much as they used to.. anyway.. in a few days i'll be going back to work again.. back to meeting my colleagues.. back to interacting with a bunch of strangers.. i thought i'm over my anxiety about work.. or at least i thought i was dealing with it.. i'm feeling a lot better than the first time i joined here.. but as it turns out.. i'm still not over my issues.. i just felt that way because i was off work for months.. but now that i'm going back.. i'm also back to feeling really worried about it.. i don't know what to do.. it seems i'm not really good at dealing with my own issues.. i just keep on pushing it in the back of my mind.. trying to deal with it later.. when it's a lot worse already.. and it's really worse.. i haven't even stopped self-harming.. and i promised my friends that i will.. i've self-harmed every single day.. i just didn't let my friends know..

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome back.
    What about reaching out to a counsellor to help with your self harm?

3. cren

cren Well-Known Member

i've been meaning to see one.. but i don't know.. i'll most likely won't go to a counselor..

4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Go. It wont hurt to try seeing one. What do you have to loose?

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there @cren and welcome back to the forum. I think you need to see a therapist or a doctor regarding the depression and especially the self harm issues. You deserve better than that. You can do this, we're all here to help you along the way. Help is there but it won't come to you, you have to reach out and get it. What kind of things do you enjoy? What brings you joy and happiness?

Best of luck to you.

6. cren

cren Well-Known Member

i really don't know if i can go see someone about self-harming.. seeing as i don't know where i can find one.. as i have said here before mental health is not something that is given priority.. besides i don't think i'll ever be able to verbally share to someone what i'm going through.. saying things here is easier.. i don't need to face anybody..

also.. today.. i hurt myself using a pencil.. all along i've kept sharp objects from me.. but it seems i can use just about anything if i really want to hurt myself..

7. cren

cren Well-Known Member

i mean mental health is not given priority here in my country..

8. seadra

seadra Active Member

While it may not be a priority in your country, it should be to you. Try you best, knowing your doing the right thing

9. cren

cren Well-Known Member

i know.. but i just don't know where to find one.. i've tried looking.. even checked the largest hospital near me..

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am glad that talking here helps you. With that in mind please share what you think is appropriate and anything we can possibly help you with, I think you're a pretty cool, keep talking to us here and together we will try and make life more tolerable for you.