I'm back.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Jack Rabbit, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

Don't know if anybody who might remember me is still alive...
    I haven't posted here for a couple of years. I have not been suicidal for a long time. Now, I'm back to wanting to die. It just seems like it would be so much easier.
    What's weird is that I have been depressed-mildly-multiple times without becoming suicidal again.
    I think it's anger rather than depression. But the rage is so repressed I can't feel it. And if I can't feel it, I can't get rid of it.

I came up with something to try to describe depression to a non-depressive:
    Sad is when things are so black that you don't see how they could get any worse.
    Depressed is when things are so black that you don't see how thy could get any better.

Well, suicidal is when things are so black you can't let them get worse - or better.

Edit: Ha! I just read my sig. I'd forgotten that addition.
    So panic-rage-suicide. One big ball of ectoplasmic slime......

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun you description of depression and suicidal is so accurate I hope you somehow can either use that rage to your advantage or release it safely with help of a therapist hun
    Good to see you posting that in itself can help sometimes Hugs

3. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

Yes it helps.
    I made a much longer reply, but for some reason I got logged off and lost it.
    Last line... I'm taking it one minute at a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.