Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by mr65421, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr65421

mr65421 New Member

Without focusing on how I got here, I need advice on how to get out from under this mess. I need advice from someone who has successfully found a way out.

I cannot find employment. Whats worse is that I can't even get interviews. (Resume has been redone by "pro's" 4 times recently)

I have no family or network to rely on.

I have defaulted credit card debt, 3 months behind on the rent. Car insurance has expired. 200 minutes left on a prepaid phone, and $50 left for gas money. That all I have to my name now.

I'm facing utility cutoff, eviction, etc. Not enough gas money to go to more than 1 or 2 interviews (if I were to get one).

I have contacted EVERY organization for help, United Way, Goodwill, DSS, all of them. They all say that they are not set up to help someone in my situation (helping pay utilities and rent until I find employment)

Prior to this past year, I normally kept $10k or so in the bank on average. I could find employment without too much trouble. I held management level positions : Project Manager, Account Manager, Administrative, Corporate Training, etc.

AS you can see I am backed into a corner that I have never been backed into and I don't know how to get out. I only have several days left to figure this out.

Do you have some tangible advice that I could put into action today?
  2. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

i wish i did. i lost my full time job and now i have little choice left. death is my option. you are far better than me though. you can make it.
  3. mr65421

mr65421 New Member

Thanks for your support, but let's be real. You don't need to think like that. I'm at the end of my rope but I won't stop fighting til I win, and I suggest you do the same.

I am just looking for ideas to get me out of this situation as soon as possible. And you can do the same.
  4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Do you have a passport? Have you thought about looking for jobs abroad or in another part of the country, especially positions that offer a live-in option? A girl I talk to online just found a job on a cruise ship - it's waitressing and she is an accountant but she was also backed into a corner and struggling to survive so she took whatever she could get.
  5. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

OP, can you tell me what state that you live in, then I can make some suggestions.
  6. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

OP, can you tell me what state that you live in, then I can make some suggestions.

Aurora Gory Alice, that suggestion is really good. I know that some people people in situations similar to this will consider this option.
  7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I feel for you, and you have so much strength in your words- to keep going in this situation. How is your mental health?

If you're facing utility cutoff and eviction soon and there is no way out, you'll be homeless. Once you've declared yourself homeless (and you don't need to wait until you're evicted), you might get help from social security and other organisations towards temporary accommodation, and money to pay for food and general care, considering you're in crisis financially, and only have $50 left.

Maybe you could get in touch with some shelters with your phone, and see what they say? Personally, I can't see any way of you to get out of this other than going to a shelter.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.