Im barely holding onto my looks and im getting old times running out no girl will want to know me and it feels that way now

Livelife

SF Supporter
I wish you weren't petrified. In just referring to physical appearances......I didn't lose my looks until I was starting into my 60's. I still get an occasional compliment. You have decades before that happens. And the majority of men age much slower and better than women. And more importantly, relationships shouldn't be based on looks but on multileveled attractions and interests in and to each other.

Last edited:

TreeShade17

I agree with @Just_a_guy about this.

If you can try to improve your mental and physical health as much as possible, that will probably make you happier directly, and also make you more appealing to a potential partner.

If you get out more and put yourself in situations where you can meet someone, that will increase your chances of being in a relationship. It's tough to meet someone if you stay inside your home all day, unless you meet someone online, or someone introduces you to someone.
I have been to bars or clubs but i have never really found anyone through doing that, i would like to do groups where people have interests in common but its really difficult to find any there is meetup the app but all the activities social meetups etc are all generally in the city thats about a 40 minute bus ride away there is barely anything local

TreeShade17

I have been to bars or clubs but i have never really found anyone through doing that, i would like to do groups where people have interests in common but its really difficult to find any there is meetup the app but all the activities social meetups etc are all generally in the city thats about a 40 minute bus ride away there is barely anything local
I haven even found a autistic social group on facebook but even that is in the city also theres nothing here in this town

It's tough to date when you're unemployed, or at least when you're unemployed and don't have money. It can be hard to make friends too. It's not fair, but for many people unemployment is stigmatized.

If you can meet other unemployed people, it might work out better.

To say you don't have a particular talent or a job doesn't mean that you don't have anything going for you though. You have inherent worth as a human being. You also seem pretty nice to me :)

Pearl12

I think the best advice anyone gave me was: try and get rejected.

If you go out trying to get a date you will certainly fail. Don't get me wrong, you'll likely get someone eventually. But I think even the "best" people trying to pick someone up have maybe a 10% success rate. That means 9 failures for every 1 success.

Get used to talking to strangers. Get comfortable in your own skin, out in public. Get rejected again and again. And consider every rejection a success, because you've learned something. Because every time you get rejected you get more comfortable with it. And the more comfortable you get the better you will come across, and the more likely it is someone will say "yes."

Waves

Life happens, age happens. Im just over 30 and I think my dad could still outrun me if we raced, though I think Im finally starting to reach the point where it would be a close call. He has a girlfriend, a lovely hyper dog they give regular walks to, and is generally living a decent life, he is in his mid 60s.

Age means much less now than it used to even a few decades ago. If you keep in shape and are a little lucky, age wont really start to hit for another 20 years.
May I ask how your dad met his gf and at what age? What was he looking for?

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
May I ask how your dad met his gf and at what age? What was he looking for?
They met on online dating, he was 66, she was I think 60-62 (its impolite to ask) As for what he was looking for? I dont really know, someone to talk to I suppose, to spend time with, and in some small part, to annoy :P Thats just who he is.

Waves

They met on online dating, he was 66, she was I think 60-62 (its impolite to ask) As for what he was looking for? I dont really know, someone to talk to I suppose, to spend time with, and in some small part, to annoy :P Thats just who he is.
Thank you

Thing is i dont really have anything going for me im not talented with a musical instrument i dont have a job etc.
Learn a musical instrument! My husband is 63 and he just started learning guitar a few years ago. You don't need "talent" - just lots of practice. With guitar you can learn chords first, which sounds very impressive without knowing much.

And after we move I'm taking up piano/keyboards. I played clarinet VERY badly in high school but that isn't stopping me.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00