I'm becoming paranoid

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by whatamigoingtodo, Sep 28, 2016.

1. whatamigoingtodo

whatamigoingtodo stars and pink elephants

I've become really paranoid lately. I just keep thinking people, like my friends or acquaintances or schoolmates are talking about me behind my back or thinking things about me like how useless I am. I'm going crazy inside my head with this constant paranoia hanging over me. Does anyone else feel this way? I feel like I'm going nuts. Even if something's going well, I feel like everyone's secretly thinking about what a loser I am.

2. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey there, is there anything that gives you that impression? Our minds can come up with a lot of strange and weird ideas that aren't true and the more we focus on them the worse they become. I don't know what to suggest except maybe see a therapist and talk through it, they may give you some ideas to use to get rid of the thoughts. Take care my friend.
    Brian

3. whatamigoingtodo

whatamigoingtodo stars and pink elephants

Thank you Bryan. No one's given me the impression that they feel that way, but the reason I feel like they're all secretly feeling that way is because I'm so inadequate. I'm just so useless. You're right about the focusing on them, I'm going to try to distract myself from those thoughts. Unfortunately I can't afford a therapist right now, when I start working (I'll graduate next year) I'll definitely look for one. Please take care as well.

Brian777 likes this.
  4. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

Hi :)
    If you can't afford therapy right now, self-therapy is something you can try. Read up on how to build your confidence and self-esteem. Maybe try to be spiritual, focus on you and the things you like about yourself. Focus on your studies and your future. Start working out, do something for the environment, find a cause to follow...as Brian said, the mind can come up with some odd stuff...but on the other hand, it can also come up with some wonderful stuff. A lot of people "poo poo" the idea of positive thinking, but it really does work. I hope you can find a way to overcome this!

whatamigoingtodo likes this.
  5. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

You can always talk to me little sister =)

6. BlackGrey

BlackGrey The Cheery Fool

Hey! I feel the same way, no matter who I am talking to I am stuck with the constant fear that everyone around me hates me and only tolerates my presence because of some social etiquette. It is important to remember not to let these feelings influence you! Often this kind of paranoia makes people aggressive, and makes them lash out at those closest to them. Good luck, I hope your paranoia doesn't get too bad!

7. troubledmind

troubledmind Well-Known Member

Hello!! Feeling like everyone is talking about me?? Yes.. Feeling useless?? Yes.. Part of my diagnosis is paranoia and socialphobia... I am not comfortable being around people so I isolate myself.. So just wanted you to know that there are others like you.. Take Care!!

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You are not a loser, you are someone suffering from an illness that needs treating.I think a lot of us feel like we are being talked about. I know I do, so you are not alone and not a freak. What medications are you on for your illnesses? Perhaps they need tweaking by professionals, please talk to a professional as well as talking here, the extra support will do you good. Good luck my friend!!

9. IdontMatter111

IdontMatter111 Well-Known Member

You are honestly NOT alone. I am really sorry that you are experiencing this and I agree with Petal above, you do need to talk to a professional about this and learningn some coping strategies before it develops into full blown paranoia....Hope you get some help. Take care. *hugs*

10. lainylou

lainylou Active Member

Snap.Hate walking past people, thinking they will say something bad about me, if someone reacts to me differently I will replay every conversation ive had with them to try and remember if ive said something wrong. You arnt alone.. So sad you are feeling this way. Try to remember you are a good person and the fact that you want to br liked by people proves this. We all want to fit in and belong. The best thing is to talk to poeople that understand and feel the same. xxxxx

11. IdontMatter111

IdontMatter111 Well-Known Member

I agree and do exactly the same.