I'm being censored

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ybt, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ybt

ybt Guest

This isn't me being angry. I know it's in "Let it all out", but it's not.

I just want to make it clear that my posts encouraging some things are being censored. I write posts I spend some effort on, and they get deleted. This is because they're worried that a member opinion could get the entire site shut down. I say this is nonsense and that they're completely wrong.

The point of this post is to get this out into the open, because I'm sure a lot of people believe that SF is an open forum. OK, you're not allowed to give methods. But apart from that, they think most things are allowed.

Well, they're not. And just keep this in mind: any thread where there seems to be a lot of propaganda and one sidedness doesn't mean that that's the truth. Make up your own mind about things, don't just conform without thought. The threads like this are not truth necessarily, they are a safety box controlled by the moderators and administrators. It's only a shame that members receive unhelpful advice because the truth is censored.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

you support paedophiles, what do you expect to happen? at this site WE HATE PAEDOPOHILES

3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

maybe if oyu didn't support things that 95% of the forum abhor you wouldn't have this problem. why not go find a site that better suits your "needs" because clearly all you want to do is get a rise out of people and piss people off. I don't even think you have beliefs, I just think you go against the grain to piss people off.

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Have you bothered to see the pain in some of the replies to your threads?
    Obviously your opinion matters more than any pain u might inflict on others.

5. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Maybe you shouldn't support pedophilia on a site where a bunch of members have been abused.

6. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

As we've told you time and time (ad nauseum) again, there are certain posts that will not get approved on this site, because they are breaking the site rules.
    Most people's posts get 'censored' at some point because they're inappropriate in some way or another, through editing of contents / deletion.
    As you're under moderation, the way we can 'censor' your posts, if you wish to call it that, is by not approving them. It's no different to deleting them, except that maybe a few members of the forum don't get to see it, in between you posting it, and us deleting it.

SF is an open forum, but if you don't think that, then it's not my place to change your mind. The things we edit / delete, are methods, and things which are against the rules. While the rules may be considered comprehensive, as Robin and other members have said in the past, they could actually be a lot more restrictive than they are.
    What you post at times, is in breach of the rules, and as such either edited accordingly, or deleted.

7. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

I agree with kanani. There are other forums you could go to to talk about your views. Why insist on doing it on a forum where abused people post? Do you like to cause pain by saying that what happened to some of us is okay? Or do you hate hearing the truth of how it affects others? If you don't like the forum move on. Nobody is forcing you to post here. The staff have to think of the majority of the people here and what is best for the site as a whole.

Anyway that's all I'll say in this thread. I won't be opening it again because I don't want to be triggered again.

8. Petal

well said :hug:

9. Petal

i meant it here, wel said :hug: lol, iv had too much vodka

10. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Ybt, you support pedophilia and this is very hurtful to members who have been abused by pedophiles. Do you come here to purposely hurt people? I think you find a site for people who are into that sort of thing. People come here for help, not to be hurt.

11. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I think he really does Dave. Since he's become a member I don't think he's asked for support. He's merely paraded his opinions around the forum and in chat. While he's on moderation some of his posts are still being accepted and I'm sorry but I don't think someone that can do more harm than good should be allowed to parade the site.

12. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

This thread is turning into a flame war, as a result - thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.