Im Bi

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Mya, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Mya

Mya Well-Known Member

but i like women more...i look like a "dyke" and that dosnt bother me, but i live in a small town (3,000ppl) and they arnt used to gay im all alone...and i miss my girlfriend...i was engaged but when i moved she dumped i just dont know what to think...should i just pretend im strate and date guys that i dont really like? or should i just handle the riddicule? pluss im wiccan so i get a lot of harry potter jokes...neather of these would be a big deal, but i live in a little christian town who think all gays are evil...and wiccans should be burned...what should i do? im so lost...and miss the love that you can only get from a girl that loves you... *sigh* :sad:
  2. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Maybe easier said than done, but if I were you I wouldn't stifle my actual self inorder to adhere to my town's narrow opinions. They'll deal. Just don't let them rob you of yourself.

If you find it easier or more appealing to fake your way through the years, then be my guest. But, in reality, if you've already established yourself as non-heterosexual and non-Christian, then making a sudden and drastic change into what your town defines as normal won't help your case any.

Whatever your choice, keep in mind that there is absolutely nothing wrong with who you are. Try not to allow yourself to be caught up in thinking that you are sinful, or dirty, or bad, or whatever. Because, as far as I can tell, you aren't.

Really sorry about your situation with your ex... :hug: break-ups are hard. But you'll find someone eventually.

You're fifteen (I believe that's what I read, correct me if I'm wrong)? Three more years and you can vacate to a more accepting, diverse, open-minded location if you please. Then the small-townies will be grovelling at your feet (or scoffing with hidden, but burning jealousy). Try to hang in there until then. :)

The silly little townspeople are bored. They need something/someone to drool over and gossip about so they can forget the fact that they've nothing better to do. This isn't your issue. There's nothing wrong with you. And if you ever feel threatened or in danger by their naiveté, please go for some help.

Be safe.
  3. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

I did that, tried to be someone I'm not, that didn't work out so well for me, in the long run.

If I could turn back the clock, I should have followed my heart, deep down I knew what I should have done, but like you're thinking, I for what ever reason, did what other people said, well not actualy said, but what I thought other people, people close to me, around me, or even people I didn't know, would say was the right thing to do, thats was all good and well in theory, but ended up in me being very sad, for a very long time, here is the really stupid part, the people, the people that really care about, would rather you just be happy, that's how you'll know who really does care for you.

If you are 15, then don't make any rash choices, go out, have fun, make new friends, see what happens, there is no rush, give yourself a little time to work things out, over the coming years, you'll know in your heart, what is right for you, try not to worry about what other people will say or do, they are not the ones that will be living your life, you are.

If there is no room in heaven for good people, people like me and you, then I'm not sure its a place I want to go, if there is a god, then I'm sure he will judge me by actions, the way I have led my life, the way I have treated other people, the way other people have treated me, being the best person that I can be, that's what I was brought up to believe being a christian was all about, not by who I have relationships with, I could be wrong, but I hope not, so if any one tells you any different, I think they have missed the point
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2007
  4. Mya

Mya Well-Known Member

Thanks, it helps to read what you guys tell not gonna lie about myself...thats just gonna confuze me more! :smile:
  5. TranceAngel

TranceAngel Well-Known Member

one of my favourite songs says 'let your freak flag fly' it has turned into my motto for life. don't let other's opinions sway what YOU want.
  6. Indeed. Just be yourself. That's the best advice that I can offer. :yes: The opinions of others matter so little compared to what you think.
  7. Mya

Mya Well-Known Member

i have, people keep talkin about gonna snap eventually, but for now im doing good
  8. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like a small town in Wyoming is the place for you. Maybe you should consider moving before snapping? In a larger area you might find a nice companion.
  9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

dont ever be ashamed of anything about yourself Ivy hun. you are special, you are you. dont let anyone make you feel bad (yes im talking from experience) :hug:
    feel free to pm me if you need someone to talk to
  10. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Hey hun, i think The_Discarded worded it VERY well. Be yourself. You are you and we all love you for that. The people around you should accept you for you and if they don't then the narrow minded people really aren't worth your time. Don't be someone your not, your right it will only confuse you even more. I told my mum about me and my girlfriend last night (she already had her suspicions) but the point is that if they truely love you then they will accept you for who you are.

Never change.

11. Mya

Mya Well-Known Member

thanks guys it really means a lot to hear that from all of you...i cant move because im living with my aunt...but im gonna move when im 18...wich is 4 years...
  12. barto

barto Well-Known Member

This was posted a few years ago and I'm just reading it now. Since it has been so long, what was your solution to this? I'm asking because I'm in the EXACT same situation and I mean it. I'm bi, I'm Wiccan, and I live in a country town even smaller than yours. Any tips?
  13. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

hey,i'll reply for you, since i used to live in a small town, and i was bi at the time, and was wiccan. :D

*thinks* either you are yourself and deal with all the rumours and crap people think, but at in a long run you manage to change things (slowly people start to understand and accept you). or you simply ignore everything, and don't share wou are, since you don't feel the need.
    either way, dont back down, be strong. ;)
  14. Oloriel

Oloriel Well-Known Member

I'm going through similar issues, more in my own mind than with regards to my town, but I just wanted to let you know that I am here for you. Solidarity, and what have you - I don't know how to say it, but I am with you.
  15. barto

barto Well-Known Member

Thank you :)