Im clean

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by dancingbear, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dancingbear

dancingbear Member

Well, its only been a few hours but partly inspired by people here and a long time coming, ive decided to suffer my depression out like most people. I kind of look forward to feelings again, even if it means being afraid of them. Its gonna be a tough few days though.
  2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

3. dancingbear

dancingbear Member

Thanks, one thing i am not looking forward to is the emotional trip thats coming - i started crying for seemingly no reason at all it got so bad last time.
  4. dancingbear

dancingbear Member

That sounded like a madman contradiction - i meant the " something else " that gos with going cold turkey.

Im cold already and got shit coming out my nose. Ewwww.
  5. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

I shared this with a very dear friend just the other day.........."I enjoy being able to feel deeply. It is a two edged sword of course, but hopefully the good feelings will eventually out number the bad. After 20 yrs of sedating myself with alcohol and drugs, I have found that being able to feel deeply is rewarding. Now if I can only get a balance or handle on those emotions"..... I am proud of the fact that i was able to accomplish sobriety so as to be able to explore the truth of my feelings/emotions. Sometimes it has been really awful, kinda like recently, but I am giving myself a chance to actually be someone that I like. I am still working on it, and may always be. I am okay with that today. One piece of advice, do not go through this alone, seek whatever help you can, it is enough of a struggle. Keep reaching out. You are very courageous, wishing you the best as you work through this.
  6. dancingbear

dancingbear Member

It really does help knowing i am not alone, just in general as well. Something i didnt have last time

I just had a cup of tea and now im boiling hot and sweating !!! AaaaGgghhhh.

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It does help to not have to fight going sober alone and sometimes going cold turkey can be dangerous really so i hope you can talk to your doctor about getting some help some support so you do not have to go it alone hugs
  8. dancingbear

dancingbear Member

What im afraid of, almost certain of - that i will only replace it with a prescribed alternative. Ive seen it happen to people.

I went cold turkey before and know what to expect - but yes, will seek help if its gets too bad.

Thanks for your concern.
  9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just to be safe right you do not have to replace with another med but sometimes withdrawing cold turkey can bring on other medical problems like seizures and i just want you to have support when time gets rough

You are doing great to decide to abstain and i do hope you will seek help because you deserve that support
  10. dancingbear

dancingbear Member

Ive started doing the walking from one room to another endlessly - i feel like the biggest moron on earth at the moment.

Ive heard things like that - im what they call a recreational user, aside from before weed, im never hooked on any one drug for a long time, i think thats why i get away with it.
  11. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

I know you posted this a while ago, but just in case you're still following this thread, how are you doing now and what did you try going cold turkey off of exactly? If it's opiates by chance, that's right up my alley so feel free to PM or talk to me anytime you want if you need to. I've been addicted to heroin since 2010 and currently a year clean. I've also done pretty much everything else under the sun as well, but my main problem is heroin. Technically, I was a recreational user too, usually I'd do it maybe once a week...2-3 times a week at most if I had the money. I wasn't one of those people who had like a bundle a day habit, but regardless of whether it's a bundle a day or half a bundle a week, it's still all the same. Stay strong.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.