I'm confused

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by nothing.1, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nothing.1

nothing.1 Member

So whenever someone yells at me or gets angry or disappointed in me I get really sad and feel disappointed in myself. I'm so hard on myself, for example I stretched my friends shirt and he got angry/ annoyed with me and I tried to play it off all cool by just saying sorry and moving on but inside I was dying. I felt really bad and gave myself a hard time. Is there any way to get past this? Anything I can do? Any advice would help :/
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hugs to you hun you are just sensitve that is ok It was wrong for him to get so angry over a shirt
  3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I try to live with my inner self. I know when I have done wrong and when I have not. If someone yells at me unjustly, it means nothing. If I do something wrong and it is unintentional, then I accept that and learn from it so as not to repeat it again. The only time you should feel as you do is if you do something wrong intentionally... and I don't think you do anything wrong intentional, so no worries.
  4. angelicgoddessofdeath

angelicgoddessofdeath Active Member

Even when it's hard, try to smile, laugh, or even giggle. Remind yourself that you didn't do anything wrong and you said you were sorry. What more could you have done? It's not like the shirt is ruined. It's not like you meant to hurt anyone's feelings. You didn't mean to do anything wrong. Just try to smile even when you want to cry.
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I have a very low self esteem. I was blamed always for things when I was young. So I do feel like I am bad when I do something wrong. I judge myself harshly. I am not sure how to heal that. I am not sure how to not think I am a bad person when adverse circumstances arise. Other than to do work in counseling on it. I have always been drawn to the EFT method of work Its called Emotional Freedom Technique. Aka meridian tapping. Some people find it very useful in resolving all kinds of things. you might try to google it for videos EFT low self esteem or meridian tapping low self esteem or something like that. EFT meridian tapping youtube self blame. See what you come up with. Maybe this technique could help some. :hug:
  6. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

I feel the same way about myself, and I agree with everything you said! =) I've actually found about EFT a year and a half ago and I believe I should start doing it again myself.

@ nothing.1: You did nothing wrong. People sometimes get angry over really ridiculous things. I'm sorry that you're friend got upset at you over a shirt. I hope you're feeling better about it now though.

Many hugs to you!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.