i'm confused

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by cookiemonster, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

I've been really down lately and i have been dealing with it the way i normally do. this has resulted in many wounds all the way down my arm, some resulting in stitches. the thing is that i have started to feel really guilty and have been passing out randomly probably due to the stress. i can't get on with people very well and i fear that I'm getting closer to my next attempt and i may be more successful this time. I'm pretty fucked up from the last time but i have no idea what to do and no real options as of yet. i'm scared about being homeless because of the fact that i don't want to be someone living on the streets or anything and it just freaks me out. i can't sleep and then i pass out. i can't do anything for fear i'll pass out and i'm scared...
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think the best thing is to call crisis or an ambulance to take you to the hospital. If you go by ambulance they will take you in and look after you better. Tell them your fears of the next time being the final time tell them that you want to admit yourself to get help to stop yourself from doing permanent damage Call crisis or get to hospital okay You deserve help and compassion you need it so please call crisis or ambulance and get to a safe place the hospital where theywill make sure youwon't harm yourself okay.
  3. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

At the least get yourself checked out by a doc. Passing out may be more than just stress related. It's too easy to think that physical stuff is 'merely' a result of how we feel when it might be something else entirely. Also, seeing a doctor might just give you the opportunity to talk about options for getting some help without having to jump in the deep end straightaway.

In any event, I hope you are hanging in there. Please keep posting about how things are going for you, maybe it will help just a little to keep talking? :hug:
  4. kammy

kammy Banned Member

You should consult a doc first,
    if possible you should consult
    a psychiatrist. Perhaps they would
    be able to give you a better counselling.
  5. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

i have been to my doc and as it turns out it, the passing out and chest pains (which i don't think i mentioned) are due to inflammation of the lining of my lungs (pleurisy) i'm on drugs but they make me feel terrible.

i tried to point out that there was something wrong with me but lost nerve before i could. luckily, i have to go back again next thursday...

i also got stitches in my arm. got seen to properly. the cuts i have look like accidents so they didn't get suspicious.

i dunno the painkillers are looking tempting right now... i want to do it but there is part of me that doesn't want to :( :cry:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.