1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm crazy. Super fast alien time bubble... Yea...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lestat, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

Sometimes i'll be in bed and it just hits me. Everything goes super fast. If I move its like the noise is fast. The sounds are really loud. If I talk to someone I can't understand them as the speech is too fast to understand. I hear the clock tick fast. I sometimes think aliens have got me and i'm in some time bubble... When I was with my girlfriend I would try to see if she also had it... But she was fine. Even when I talk its fast. I'll move my hand infront of my face and its like I can hear it move fast and its like my hand moves a Split second before I think it...

I just lay there for what must be hours. I can't sleep and i'm scared to move. If I do move and walk, all the sounds drive me crazy. At the moment I cant tell anyone as i'd be sent to a mental hospital or sent back to prison... So I just lay here thinking i'm mad or letting my imagination play tricks.

I really to believe this is happening to me. I know you dont think it is... But why the fuck would time and sound do this? Why if I turn a tv on does nothing anyone is saying make sense? Why does the clock hand turn faster than normal.

Deep down I know this can't happen to just me. I know i'm as mad as a mad hatter. But this is 100% real for me. I'm on no medication and have had this happen randomly since I was in my teens. I've never told a doctor and only told girlfriends and my mum. Now you amazing people... Anyone else have this?

2. solutions

solutions Well-Known Member

Until those last couple of lines, I was going to suggest it was the stress of living in a hostel that was hurting you.

I do apologize, I can't relate. What you've described is a phenomenon I've never heard of before. If I had, it would probably be a brief psychotic episode.

The more I think about it, it's possible that you're simply prone to bouts of this experience. It's happened since you were a teenager, you said. It could just be brief bouts of psychosis, probably brought on by a stressor (and you're definitely in one now).

3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

In moments of intense concentration, it's very common for people to experience time slowing down. Elite-level athletes experience this frequently.

So if the experience of time can slow down, I don't see why it couldn't also speed up.

How much of a problem is it for you? Is it accompanied by other symptoms?

It sounds like something unusual, but doesn't seem to be a serious issue unless it is very distressing to you or if it happens very frequently or for a long time.

I suppose that you could talk to a doctor about it, but I don't think that they would put you in a psych ward for it. I think that they usually don't put you in a psych ward unless they think you are a danger to yourself or to others.

4. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

Perhaps you are...

5. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

Thanks for your replies :)

I don't get it often. Sometimes I might not get it for a year. I also remember it just happening without any stress around me. I used to get it a lot when I was a teenager. I remember getting it while watching tv and being pissed off because I could not finish the tv show I was watching. I'm sure I was not stressed.

I normally think logicly and get annoyed at myself for not doing so with this. The only explanation I have is its my brain doing this. But I also know that the brain only does things for reasons.

"if" its not my brain... Then i'm screwed... But I think i'm screwed anyway for thinking this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.