I'm crazy

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Steve-123, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve-123

Steve-123 New Member

I have been suicidal in the past. I did everything everyone told me to do go to college get a job. I did all that and I was not happy. I got married to an amazing woman I love my house but all I want to do us start my own business bring my family back together in a family business we all live far apart from one another I hate it. It takes guts to start your own business these days. My wife has her family close by and I miss mine. My wife feels security in working for someone else and a steady pay check. I feel trapped I need to make something happen. I just want to sell my house quit my job and start a business with my father and brother in-law and maybe a few friends. I have done a lot of growing up since high school I have been paying all my bills. I love my wife I just want to have my wife's family and my family buy some land and build our houses on the same land and work on a family business idea. I dont care about living at my own place any more. It is over rated in my opinion. I just want all the people I care about to live in the same place. I can't say that out loud not here in America. Well I just said it so call me crazy. Rant over!!!!

2. Steve-123

Steve-123 New Member

1 main point I take from this is that we often feel guilty going after what we want. We taught to feel bad for making our lives how we feel they should be. Times of grief are times to get really honest with yourself and others. If you want to go to Vegas go to Vegas do to speak. This is the time to try something completely different. I think that is the point of my apparent current frustration and many peoples. Society thinks its not ok to want certain things.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

My opinion is that if you want something specific out of your life, fight for it. Do whatever you can to make it happen. It's frustrating that society is so quick to judge people or look down on them for one reason or another. I hope you're able to make your dreams a reality.

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Pursuing a dream to have your own business is common and to be applauded. I hope if that is what you want to do with your life you are able to make that happen. It is also an excellent goal to stay closer or get closer with family and want to stay connected and part of them. The overall dream of wanting to do a family business with everybody involved would need careful thought. It is not just a dream for your life, it is asking all those people to have your same dream. There are likely some like minded individuals in both sides of the family that would be interested but just as you have your own dream, the majority of them will have their own dreams that may not involve moving or going into business for themselves. It is perfectly okay for you want things, but it is also perfectly okay for others to want different things.

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Steve, good luck with making your dreams come true.. I agree with NYJMaster.. talk to those parts of your family you want to do this with and end up together first and now before you go any further in this process.. these other ppl's dreams maybe very different than your's and now is the time for finding out..

6. Steve-123

Steve-123 New Member

Thank you for the advice. I just have to bite the bullet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.