I'm curious..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jenniferelaine, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

........how many have been lost? Quite literally, how many people who were once on the boards have actually taken their lives? I'm not talking about attempts..how many are no longer with us?
  2. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

i dont think it would bt posible to work out as how would we no weather they just stoped coming to the forum or if there gone theres no way to no.
  3. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

I know there's no way to know for sure, but I've seen a few threads where it has been determined that someone has passed.

Also curious because I'm attempting to contact someone who (I think) attempted..and not getting any response.
  4. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

:( I dont know. But I know there are lots of people who have found a warmth in life again and gone off to live and experience their lives again.

jenniferelaine, sometimes when people attempt, they might still be in their lowest points and can not or don't want to talk to other people, even their closest friends.

I wouldnt say stop trying, but I hope that you can find the strength to be their for your friend, even if that means not being able to talk to them right now.

:) I hope you are ok, and I hope your friend is aswell.
  5. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

to be honest, thats one thing i would rather not know.

im sure there have been some people but i dont really want to think about it.

its almost triggering in a way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.