1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm dealing with this is an odd way

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by A_pixie, May 4, 2008.

1. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

I had my cat Milo since I was six years old. She died today, I had her for 15 years and I haven't cried yet. I feel bad about not crying, I feel a bit sad but nothing overwhelming...it's not that I didn't love the cat, I truly did, I bawled my eyes out when my dog died but why haven't I cried about my cat???

Is this a delayed reaction or a weird way of dealing with things just by being apathetic...maybe I've got to the point where nothing phases me anymore, I mean some pretty awful things have happened to me but I don't want it to make me cold!!

How do people deal with grief? Is this normal? Am I just a heartless person?

2. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

You shouldn't feel bad for not crying about your cat.Maybe your still in shock.Pixie i know your not a heartless person.because you haven't cried over him doesn't mean your cold hearted.

Maybe you should have a little service for him.and make a little collage of his pictures.and what I wanted to do when my cat passed away is maybe have him put in a pet cemetery.In high school i had a friend whose mom got a tattoo of their cat but that is a bit much.

3. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

Pixie,

It is not strange that you have not cried for your cat. Everyone grieves differently. I for one, never ever cry, one of my really good friends died a few weeks ago, not a single tear was shed. It doesnt mean you are a heartless person, you just deal with things differently than some.

Caroline