• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

I'm desperately asking for some help </3

PrincessPure

My loveliest dearest 7 year old cat has been missing for 17 hours now. I'm blaming my heart pain on other stuff but honestly I've reached my lowest point in life because of this and I'm not exaggerating. Idk who to talk to, today I accidentally hit a parked car and was so angry that I beat the car so hard as if it's the car's purpose (sorry if my English suck, sigh)

I wanna go straight die. He's been afraid of coming back home in the past days because we forced him take antibiotics. Now he isn't even showing up when I cook him meat, the smell would always encourage him comeback

Pls say something, idc if it's an advice, empathy, or blaming me for being a bad owner. I just need to talk so bad TT

Sorry that you're feeling so bad.

I think there are a number of tactics to get a cat to return.

If you opened canned food for him, the sound of the can opener might encourage him.

If you do a search for "finding a lost cat", there's a lot of articles that come up.

I hope you can find him.

Hugs PrincessPure

PrincessPure

Sorry that you're feeling so bad.

I think there are a number of tactics to get a cat to return.

If you opened canned food for him, the sound of the can opener might encourage him.

If you do a search for "finding a lost cat", there's a lot of articles that come up.

I hope you can find him.

Hugs PrincessPure
I'm getting very Paranoid about him being dead because he was crazy for meat , thank you btw <3

Princesspure, It's early days as yet so don't give up hope. I know how you feel as our faithful beautiful King Charles went missing and we, like you, went through hell trying to find him. Please please don't add this up as if you have done something wrong. You haven't !!! Cats are like kids and they go where they please. If you have any photo's of him get a few printed off and stick notices up with pic around your area. It's worth a try. That's how i got my dog back, he was quite happy curled up in front of someone else's fire! Never give up hope !!! As for hitting a car, so what ! no one hurt and it's just a car. Take good care and whatever happens love yourself......

PrincessPure

Princesspure, It's early days as yet so don't give up hope. I know how you feel as our faithful beautiful King Charles went missing and we, like you, went through hell trying to find him. Please please don't add this up as if you have done something wrong. You haven't !!! Cats are like kids and they go where they please. If you have any photo's of him get a few printed off and stick notices up with pic around your area. It's worth a try. That's how i got my dog back, he was quite happy curled up in front of someone else's fire! Never give up hope !!! As for hitting a car, so what ! no one hurt and it's just a car. Take good care and whatever happens love yourself......
Thanks for the wish. I'm so glad you got him back <3

PrincessPure

I really wish I could talk to my mom about it. For some reason, she only tends to get angry and shout at me when I talk to her about problems . She was never like this. Idk if it's because she is aging or something...

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
I'm sorry @PrincessPure . . . 'When it rains, it pours!' (As they say. . .) _And YOUR English is "fine." Perfectly-fine, in fact; much better than mine! ; )

Now, on the cat - Yes, I do hope he comes back, and cats run away, that's some-times just what they do. The first one I'd had growing up --roughly ages 5-25 (for me); was a terror on legs: would bolt out the door like Usain (Olympian Track. . :D) And good luck! Stopping him, unless you nearly tried to 'tackle,' him somewhat, or half-way, in the process. Felt like a Hockey Goalie sometimes, trying to make a kick save, or Soccer/Football~ if you'd prefer? ;D

I don't have any advice on getting him back, maybe @Shelly might have some good ideas, or at least knowledge in the matter or situation. We'd usually leave the front door open if it was later at night, and then he'd always come wandering back in first thing in the morning.

They do have micro-chips available, as well, that you can have installed in order to track them, in the event that this happens again.

Hoping your Heart heals soon, and that the heavy weight is lifted, in order to not feel this way!

PrincessPure

I'm sorry @PrincessPure . . . 'When it rains, it pours!' (As they say. . .) _And YOUR English is "fine." Perfectly-fine, in fact; much better than mine! ; )

Now, on the cat - Yes, I do hope he comes back, and cats run away, that's some-times just what they do. The first one I'd had growing up --roughly ages 5-25 (for me); was a terror on legs: would bolt out the door like Usain (Olympian Track. . :D) And good luck! Stopping him, unless you nearly tried to 'tackle,' him somewhat, or half-way, in the process. Felt like a Hockey Goalie sometimes, trying to make a kick save, or Soccer/Football~ if you'd prefer? ;D

I don't have any advice on getting him back, maybe @Shelly might have some good ideas, or at least knowledge in the matter or situation. We'd usually leave the front door open if it was later at night, and then he'd always come wandering back in first thing in the morning.

They do have micro-chips available, as well, that you can have installed in order to track them, in the event that this happens again.

Hoping your Heart heals soon, and that the heavy weight is lifted, in order to not feel this way!
Thanks for the reply mister

Shelly

everyone probably gave you a sound advice that i would also say

so instead of repeating, or telling you things you’ve probably done and heard before and to prevent myself from talking in circles
here’s a good one:
https://resources.bestfriends.org/article/how-find-lost-cat

is this the first time? is he strictly an indoor cat?
you know him the most, so when filing and posting missing flyers dont forget to describe his personality so people who would find him should know how to approach him, tell them that he must be returned because he has meds he needs to take.

aside from leaving his favorite food, what else does he like, his bed, a blanket, a clothing that has your scent on - it will attract him, if you could leave that outside/by your doorstep or front porch, that could lead him back to you

dont give up, when searching for him, bring some food, things that are familiar to him, and a crate/cage to ensure his safety back home.

Last edited:

Livelife

SF Supporter
I hope your cat comes back very soon. I don't like not knowing where my dogs are even for a short period, I understand..... Years ago a dog of mine was lost for almost a week and we were reunited and she was alright so don't give up. Everyone usually has a car accident at least one time....someone hit me from behind a couple of weeks ago...it's not pleasant. I'm glad you were not injured.

PrincessPure

everyone probably gave you a sound advice that i would also say

so instead of repeating, or telling you things you’ve probably done and heard before and to prevent myself from talking in circles
here’s a good one:
https://resources.bestfriends.org/article/how-find-lost-cat

is this the first time? is he strictly an indoor cat?
you know him the most, so when filing and posting missing flyers dont forget to describe his personality so people who would find him should know how to approach him, tell them that he must be returned because he has meds he needs to take.

aside from leaving his favorite food, what else does he like, his bed, a blanket, a clothing that has your scent on - it will attract him, if you could leave that outside/by your doorstep or front porch, that could lead him back to you

dont give up, when searching for him, bring some food, things that are familiar to him, and a crate/cage to ensure his safety back home.
Hi Shelly, thanks. I went around searching for him and he is stuck in an apartment's attic. I tried asking the neighbour to open the door and I went to catch him but he is very afraid of me and ran away. Idk what to do anymore. I'm worried he will die out of hunger.
When he was a kitten he would barely drink milk and was very weak compared to his brothers and sister. I think if it was up to natural selection he wouldnt make it in nature, but we took care of him so he is 7 years old. But I think for that reason he isnt smart enough to comeback by himself or strong enough to protect himself. Im very worried :(

Shelly

Hi Shelly, thanks. I went around searching for him and he is stuck in an apartment's attic. I tried asking the neighbour to open the door and I went to catch him but he is very afraid of me and ran away. Idk what to do anymore. I'm worries he will die out of hunger.
When he was a kitten he would barely drink milk and was very weak compared to his brothers and sister. I think if it was up to natural selection he wouldnt make it in nature, but we took care of him so he is 7 years old. But I think for that reason he isnt smart enough to comeback by himself or strong enough to protect himself. Im very worried :(
where did he run away to this time?
outside again?
dont give up, he’ll turn around, cats are stubborn they don’t necessarily understand that we do for them is for their own good.

the next time you find him, please secure the area to make sure that there are no other exits/entrance, so he doesnt escape or hide somewhere unreachable — if it’s possible you might need help from other people to catch him.

i’ve had cases where people told me “to let nature take it’s course”, but i never give up and this really made some cats turned around for the better, they are so stubborn they can easily lose trust so it is up to us to adjust and not give up on them.

PrincessPure

where did he run away to this time?
outside again?
dont give up, he’ll turn around, cats are stubborn they don’t necessarily understand that we do for them is for their own good.

the next time you find him, please secure the area to make sure that there are no other exits/entrance, so he doesnt escape or hide somewhere unreachable — if it’s possible you might need help from other people to catch him.

i’ve had cases where people told me “to let nature take it’s course”, but i never give up and this really made some cats turned around for the better, they are so stubborn they can easily lose trust so it is up to us to adjust and not give up on them.
He is still in the same building, but hides in parts of the attic where a human cant reach, since he is small. I'm gonna give other try in a few hours. Hope it goes well, but i was thinking if he may need anesthesia

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00