I'm Done

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Johnnyc, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

I 'm done with my therapy, it does not work and is to expensive. My therapist tells me I got to get out more yet I have no money. She tells me I need to get some friends but I do not want friends, I want to be alone. Her ideas to keep me happy do not work for me, they may for others but not me.

I'm also done with medication, none of them work. They work for awhile but then stopped working.

I accept what will happen without any action on my part to help myself. I will countinue to self injure, but this time I will tell knowone. I will try to kill myself but once again knowone will ever know. I will do what I used to do, put on a false smile and pretend everything is alright.
  2. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

you must take action to help yourself then, johnny. meds and therapy only do so much. i know you can overcome this :hug:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

well i can say wearing a mask takes more energy then helping yourself get well
    It does not take money to get out amonst people Go for awalk to the library church voluteer to do some work with kids animals all get you out with people
    you can't honestly tell me you have tried all the meds out there The new ones i hear work wonders. YOU have to take control of you okay make things happen don't let depression dictate what you want get well okay
  4. Johnnyc

I am afraid of public places, so getting out aside frome activities done alone won't work at this time. Also no I have not tried all the meds out there but I have had quite a few. I just wonder what all those chemicals are doing to my brain. are they making things better or worse.

Thanks for the reply
  5. dreams4life

dreams4life Well-Known Member

I would suggest that you try to turn your pain into something productive like singing, drawing, writing or even crying to let it out. I don't know if you would like my suggestion but for many people express their pain through art. Please don't harm yourself. I am glad that you opened up to us.
  6. Johnnyc

I could get out and walk my dog more often, it doesn't cost anything and I doing something for her, not dwelling on my problems.
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

That sounds like a great idea and I am sure your dog would appreciate the extra time spent with her. :hug: