im done

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by cat, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cat

cat New Member

i feel worse than usual today. most days im depressed and lonely and want to cut myself. today, i just want to die. ive been "academically dismissed" from college and i think my parents lives would just be easier if i was dead. they dont need a failure for a child. theyve had so much pressure on me my entire life i feel like im going to crack. i just dont want to live anymore.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No they would not be better hun not at all they would suffer so greatly I am sorry your were dismissed from college but you can go back try another course or the same one again It is not the end okay You are young enough you have different options. I know you feel so overwhelmed right now but please talk to your parents let them know how you are feeling and that you need their understanding and support. There will always be more chances at education but if you leave you will only cause devastation to all the ones who do love you.
    Can you call crisis number or hospital just to get some help for tonight to talk.
    talk to a councillor at your school who can help you decide what path to take next okay Do not give up hope or on you You can try again Please just talk okay to your parents or crisis line don't worrry there are lots of kids that don't make it the first time in college sometimes it take more then one try You are not alone okay hugs

3. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

No parent that I have ever met would want to outlive his or her own child. It is a truly devastating thing. Just because you've been 'academically dismissed' from college doesn't mean you can't ever return to college again. It's a sad thing, yes, but it is not the end of the world. Really, I promise it.

If you need to talk about anything, I'm happy to be a listening ear.

TDM

4. whytryanymore

whytryanymore Well-Known Member

cat i garuntee your parents dont see a failure as a child, im sure they are more worried about your well being, rather than why you being academically dismissed from college. listen very carefully to to what these two have said, they are very correct. Your parents lives would be the exact opposite of what you think if you were gone, they want to help you more than you think. Trust me parents would rather have there children than not, no matter what you think you are it is not the same thing they see. you have made a very good decision in coming here, i myself have recieved a great deal of help here all you have to do is ask and someone here will gladly help you in any way they can, i know they have for me as they will for you as well. Just stay here a little while longer and talk to some people ask for help, you can move on and the first step is one of the most difficult if not the most difficult and only you can take it, but it is worth every bit of difficulty.

So please reconsider stay here a while longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.