I'm doomed, everyone will know

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dfa87, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dfa87

Dfa87 Member

I just got a message from my university, they want me to contact them because I didn't go to my work experience ... I haven't been to uni for 2 months and failed mandatory presences. I'm doomed. I always achieved somehow to seem " normal " , this time I won't be able to fool anyone. They will all know how pathetic I am. Never felt so bad in my life. And it was supposed to be my last year.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun please please go talk to them ok explain you will ill and they willwork with you to get you some help and let you do your work experiance next term ok don't fail the whole course because of this Go and talk to them and see what can be done to salvage your year ok do that for YOU

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

There is nothing pathetic about having a rough time for a while. I would point towards the fact it is your last year and see how much of the time you have been successful. As Total Eclipse said, contact the Uni and see what your options are now and try to get some supports in place so you can return to the success you had before rather than focus on the time that was not as successful.

4. Dfa87

Dfa87 Member

I replied to them. Told them that I had social phobia and that I feel really unsecure in presence of other students/people ... Still waiting for a reply. If they contact my mother this will turn really ugly. She is one of the most ununderstanding person. She will blow my ears up. Tomorrow I will probably get a reply.

5. Dfa87

Dfa87 Member

Got the response. I'm told they feel sorry for me but I need to do the work experience to get the diplome. So this year is finished I guess. They also tell me I can get help

6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

There is not a lot to be done about the issues with your mother - except that you can choose not to really listen. Follow up with them about what help is available and concentrate on how to achive what you want instead of concentrating on the miss step ....

7. Dfa87

Dfa87 Member

Thanks for your message. There might still be something to be done. If I could get an " certificate " from a physician that I was unable to attend to my obligations, they might discuss my case and find a solution. But would a physician do that for such a long periode ? I mean 3 months might be to much ... Perhaps a psychiatrist. If anyone here is familiar with that i would appreciate help.

8. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this will help, but most uni have a disability dept. where they will accommodate you to achieve your academic goals. You may need a note from your psychiatrist or psychologist stating that you are disabled, that is if you are. Then they will determine what type of assistance they can offer you and then you can carry on with your academics. I had a lot of help in the disability dept. and that helped me to eventually graduate. Hope you get some help too!

9. Dfa87

Dfa87 Member

Thanks for your reply. They do have such a department, and the person who wrote me a e-mail does tell me I can seek help there. But it is not " free " you have to pay something. I still don't know how much tough. Might be cheap. I just got another message from a teacher of the uni that tells me he understands my problem and that they are not only there to teach me but also to support me. That's rather good sign. I think I will go speak to the person responsible for the work experiences and see what are my options now. It would be a pain to wait till july 2015 to finish my course. I really wish I had told them the truth at the beginning of the year. Not everybody is mean in this world ...

10. Dfa87

Dfa87 Member

My mother just sent me an SMS that someone from school phoned her stating They were worried for me. Exactly what I didn't want and I told them. I feel miserable. Perhaps they even asked other students if they had news about me and of course nobody because I barely ever spoke to them an never outside school.

11. Dfa87

Dfa87 Member

Hi all, just to let everyone know what I became. Well I had an appointment with the woman responsible for the work experiences. To my suprise, she was a really understanding person. We kept talking for about 2 hrs about my social phobia problem. She told me that I shouldn't think bad of myself. People with this problem use to torture mentally themselves whenever they fail something. This doesn't help. That's right. She got that right. Than she told me I have to manage my problem or else I will never get a job or marry ... True ... Than she sorted out some solutions for me to get my diploma still in 2014. That was unexpected as she really sorted things out so I can still succeed. It will be difficult because I have many things to do because I did nothing for the last 2-3 months, but it's still possible. So my mood went a little upstairs. But I'm still facing one big problem : how the hell will I be able to speak with so many people... I'mmstudying to become a pharmacist. Well they are supposed to listen and talk to their patients. That will be a big problem, but I promisec I will try my best to not let her down. My work experience will start next monday, i'm getting nervous ...

12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well done to you... your tutor was obviously every understanding. I have read through this whole thread and the last post has made me smile. I always feel happy for others when things go their way. You must have brains to burn if you're becoming a pharmacist..anyways good luck with everything and remember we're here for you shall you need us. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.