Im drinking more.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by stinkymouse, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinkymouse

stinkymouse Well-Known Member

Just lately my depression and anxiety have been getting much worse,which has resulted in an increase in my alcohol content,where before i was drinking once every 6-7 days,im now drinking every 3-4 days....either a couple of bottles of wine a night,or 8-9 cans of strong beer(5.6%)....a small percentage can be contributed to boredom,i rarely see anyone from one day to the next,but mostly its due to depression,the more depressed i am the more i drink..which also increases my suicidal tendencies..twice Ive OD while intoxicated,the last time back in Feb 08 when i was in a coma for 18 hours and on a machine...
    Do you think im developing a drinking problem,and are other people in the same situation as mine?

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

How long have you been drinking?? Do you drink regular?? I think with you only drinking every three or four days I would have to say no..Thats not saying you won't become an alcoholic..I use to drink a twelve pack everynight a case on Saturday and a case on Sunday. I did that for years. Then when I went on meds I just quit..Now adays I might drink a little something maybe once a month..My point is that is what an alcoholic is..So if you can stop or cut back I would recommend it..Does alcoholism run in your family?? Thats a sure way of knowing whether you are or not...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.