1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im drinking more.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by stinkymouse, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinkymouse

stinkymouse Well-Known Member

Just lately my depression and anxiety have been getting much worse,which has resulted in an increase in my alcohol content,where before i was drinking once every 6-7 days,im now drinking every 3-4 days....either a couple of bottles of wine a night,or 8-9 cans of strong beer(5.6%)....a small percentage can be contributed to boredom,i rarely see anyone from one day to the next,but mostly its due to depression,the more depressed i am the more i drink..which also increases my suicidal tendencies..twice Ive OD while intoxicated,the last time back in Feb 08 when i was in a coma for 18 hours and on a machine...
    Do you think im developing a drinking problem,and are other people in the same situation as mine?

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

How long have you been drinking?? Do you drink regular?? I think with you only drinking every three or four days I would have to say no..Thats not saying you won't become an alcoholic..I use to drink a twelve pack everynight a case on Saturday and a case on Sunday. I did that for years. Then when I went on meds I just quit..Now adays I might drink a little something maybe once a month..My point is that is what an alcoholic is..So if you can stop or cut back I would recommend it..Does alcoholism run in your family?? Thats a sure way of knowing whether you are or not...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.