I'm drunk and I feel terrible.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by punk0r1f1c, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punk0r1f1c

punk0r1f1c Well-Known Member

I don't know if I feel terrible because of my monotonous life or because of the fact that I am drunk or because I am up late again by myself.
    I thought the fact that my father called me an alcoholic was funny. I refuse to admit that I am an alcoholic but I do feel comfortable admitting that I have problems with alcohol. I don't know why I drink so much. It makes me feel good and terrible simultaneously. That's why I drink I suppose, the good part.
    But I don't know.
    I feel bad and I wish it would stop.
    The worst part is that I don't understand it, both when I am sober and intoxicated.
    I'll figure it out someday I hope.
  2. punk0r1f1c

punk0r1f1c Well-Known Member

Well I have drank a lot and I think I am about to pass out. I keep drinking and ironically it keeps me awake. I don't know exactly. But I will find the root eventually.

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

ya know,
    having drank for 16 years and it ruining a good part of my life, i can tell you that you cant wish to stop drinking. you have to want to.

you drink so much ... yes you will stay awake. then you will almost feel sober. then reality will hit you along with feeling like total crap.

drinking the way you do, makes things tolerable, we can hide from them. we can TEMPORARILY put them aside. the more we drink the more we need it.

there will be a time when you are unable to deal with reality. there will come a time when you wont answer to anything else but your booze.
    there will come a time when nothing and nobody will matter except your booze. you will loose more than you are worth.

what started out as enjoyment will turn into necessity and that necessity will fight you every step of the way if you decide to give in and quit drinking.

there are many stages in an alkies life. it effects everyone differently.
    the bottom line is, when we use booze to drown our issues .... the booze will always win if we allow it to. the sad thing is, theres not a damn thing you can do about it until you take control of you.
  4. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

I have not ever drunk and I feel terrible every day, every minute and every second.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.