I'm embarrassed to admit to my boss...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by meaningless-vessel, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

... that one of the reasons for me going awol is having urges to hurt others I work with :?

I don't like the way some of the people disrespect my workspace when I'm doing what i'm supposed to. I don't like the fact I burn out from time to time. I don't like the fact I can't do the job consistently well. I don't like a lot of things about the place (disillusioned with it).

I'm also scaring myself because I have occasional urges to hurt not only them, but myself, and my family :unsure: - but I'm a nightmare at asking for help :?

This is the first I've said about this because I'm extremely worried about what me admitting this would do to not only me, but to those around me :unsure:

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Do you have a therapist? A therapist/pdoc/psych is there to help us talk through difficult thoughts and feelings, and to figure out all the root causes, and how to deal with them so they don't overwhelm us. I can tell that you're distressed by having such feelings - as most of us would be - but I suspect that in worrying yourself without having someone to talk to about these feelings, you end up building up even more stress and adding it to the stress you already feel at work.

As difficult as it might be to talk to anyone about these things, if you could, try find a caring, compassionate professional who can help you sort out and resolve your feelings.
  3. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

no I don't have a therapist/pdoc/psych.

I thought i'd succeeded at conquering my initial thoughts - and had been working full time for 7 weeks before this :unsure:
  4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

:hug: Sometimes we can make a lot of progress on our own, and then we kind of "plateau", and we might need a little extra support and help to finally get through something. I have the sense that you really would like to put all this in the past and move on. Maybe finding someone to help now will pull you through the last of it fairly quickly. I think it would be easier than trying to cope with it all alone. :dunno: I hope you can set up a plan that works out for you. :hug:
  5. cybersam

cybersam New Member

When I used to get pissed off I used to go in the toilet cubicle and take my phone. Spent about 5mins just txting or going online. Usually works. Offer to make everyone a drink. Its a good way to skive while making you look good.

Distraction is best for handling a situation you dont really control imo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.