im failed as a daughter..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by asking_advice, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asking_advice

asking_advice Well-Known Member

we have money that can afford education but im not studying next semester because of depression. i feel bad. my cousins and friends in school are trying to graduate even they don't have enough money. some of them are working for their education. here i am, i dont have problem in money. i am not ambitious. my simple goal in life is to graduate and have a job. sometimes i think, if i would i kill myself. my parents wont suffer from me. i know they will sad but they wont suffer for longer time. they are good parents and im a failed daughter.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I feel the exact same way... :hug:

I have no advice for you :sad: just wanted to send you some :hug:
  3. ZombieNation

ZombieNation Active Member

My parents have never had money, I wish I couldve got an education. I think you should move away or something, find a course that you like to study :)
  4. Robin

Robin Guest

A lot of what you are saying are more like symptoms than actual carefully planned out thoughts, I talk and have talked with a lot of depressed people and most say similar if not the same thing. You are NOT a failure nor are you a burden to anyone :) Your parents love you so much they have fought to give you the best start they can in life as all good parents want to do. However, you are not being ungrateful to them, nor are you abnormal in any way, but it would help a great deal if you could talk to your dr, he might prescribe some medication to help you cope with how you are feeling and he might refer you on to therapy, which can help a great deal in a lot of circumstances :)
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your parents will always love you and yes will always miss you will always carry the pain they failed you get help see your doctor as depression is treatable then you can go on and do what ever you want your dreams with therapy and meds this is possible
  6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hun if you killed yourself, your parents would feel like failed parents, for the rest of their days. It is depression talking, telling you those horrible things to believe. I agree with Robin. Please talk to your doc and see what resources are available for you. You are not a failure, and you have a future to prove that to yourself. Please call your doc.
  7. Zoe

Zoe Well-Known Member

Your role as a daughter is but one of the many roles you'll experience over the course of your life.

Being a success in terms of career is only one aspect also.

It makes little sense to discard of your life entirely because of these current percieved 'failings'.

You can't know you won't be a success if you haven't graduated yet.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2009
  8. mkandy

mkandy Member

Your parents want you to find happiness....whether in school or not. I can guarantee your parents will suffer for the rest of their lives if they lose you. They love you no matter what, it's an unconditional love.

Help yourself, help your depression and you will know that love too someday. Keep the faith.
  9. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

I grew up planning to go off to uni, I've always been a daddys girl and my dad was big on education and getting a career from it.

7 years after leaving school I am in a full time job, tried to get educated in something but never had the inspiration. But I found out my dad is proud of me.

Its what you want that matters not what your parents want for you. Go out there. Find a job. If you decide later in life you want a career that requires an education then go for it!

As long as you find something you enjoy doing your parents will be happy.
  10. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm pretty sure if you killed yourself your parents would suffer even more. Not just because you're their daughter, but because their friends and neighbors would wonder what your parents have done so wrong that you felt compelled to kill yourself.

That's good enough.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.