I'm Failing :(

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Kaish, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaish

Kaish Well-Known Member

I feel so distressed right now. Like everything is falling apart. I hate myself for not being able to keep things together. I recently moved to the place I was dreaming of and now that I am here, I only see how different everything is. My friends think I'm so inspirational for having the strength to make this relocation possible, but right now strong is the last thing I feel. I miss those days of being able to work everyday towards this. Now, I am isolating. I spend all my time in a smallish studio apartment and only leave every two or three days, and only for an hour or two. I feel so lonely. I don't know anyone here and have not had a real conversation since getting here three weeks ago. I allowed myself the time to settle in, but now I feel I have exceeded that. I still don't feel settled in and I get overwhelmed so easily. I am struggling to become familiar with the area and to retain that information. Right now I crave another roadtrip. Just getting in the car and driving 1,500 miles. Every night I go to sleep with a plan for the next day, and by morning I have the feeling of failure and am unable to do what needs to be done. I feel that I still have so much to do. Things are going to be better in June because friends are coming and I know my self-confidence will go up, but right now I just hate myself for not being able to make things work. I have considered going back into therapy, but I have a hard time doing so. I think I am scared to reach out. How do I know which one to pick? I just feel so miserable right now and am craving that comfort feeling. I need to do something. I just don't know what and I receive no help from my family. I'm all alone and have the weight of the world on my shoulders.
  2. momluvslgg

momluvslgg Member

Hi Kaish - I'm new to this site and just read your post. My heart goes out to you for the struggles that you are dealing with and the feelings you expressed. I know for myself, that when I moved out of state 6 years ago, it was overwheming and it took a while for me to adjust, but things did get better and now I"m much happier here than where I used to live. I believe that things will begin to get better for you too. It has always been helpful for me to reach out and just talk to someone that will listen. Since you mentioned that you might consider getting back into therapy, I wanted to let you know that you can also call a free phone counseling line at 1-(855) 771-HELP (4357) to speak with a licensed Counselor and receive counseling referrals in your area. This helpline is through Focus on the Family, (the organization that I work for). I know these counselors are very caring and have helped many people. I'm praying that you will feel how much God loves you and know that He will never leave your side. May you begin to feel hopeful for today and for each day ahead. Thanks again for sharing and my prayers are with you!
  3. Whispers

Whispers Banned Member

Hello, Kaish. Glad you are here and willing to help yourself. This is just one step of many.

Life can be hard at times. Sometimes it seems dark and will never get better because we're faced with many problems all at once. The thing is every problem can be solved. May not seem like it at the time but it's very much true. Sometimes we can't figure it out on our own and need someone just to listen and point us in the right direction. Have to attack one or two problems at a time instead of trying to take them all on at once. Too daunting that way.

We're all here for you Kaish. If you need someone to listen or talk to, know I'm here. You can talk hre, through PM, in chat or IM in chat. The chat rooms may be good for you to log into. Lots of friendly people willing to listen to you.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.