I'm falling into that vicious cycle of alcohol again

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by createdforopinion, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. createdforopinion

createdforopinion Active Member

I used to drink a lot when I had friends, then I began to drink my pain away. I haven't had a drink in months (because I can't get it easily, I'm only 17, and I also have no social life anymore), but in the past six days I've gone through 2 and a half 40 oz's of vodka. Just drinking, alone in my room and acting like the maniac I am - talking to myself, laughing for no reason, etc. I want to quit before it gets out of hand, but I don't know if I want to. I am, after all, hopeless now and have been on the verge of suicide for months now. What's the point in not drinking if I can? What have I got to lose?

2. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

That's exactly how I feel. I'm 17 too so I can relate. I have nothing to lose, except my life which I really don't give a fuck about.

Don't be afraid to talk to me if you need anything.

3. captnrage

captnrage Member

Hey I'm 24 and I have been down a similar path as the both of you. Drinkin started off as fun, if not we wouldn't have continued, but then it becomes alot of stress gettin the next bottle, drinkin alone, etc, I get that. But that doesnt have to stay that way, there are reasons to quit they may not be clear now and part of that is the alcohol clouding things for you. If you need support in any way about this send me a message,i'll get back to it. sobering up can be worth it, i know, I've done it. Just hang in there.

4. ODIECOM

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

im assuming the 3 of you live with your parents ? if theres even a slim desire to quit .. you wouldnt be here if there wasnt. i might suggest talking to yourparents. having beel clean and sober for 17 and 14 years, im going to answer your next comment before you ask it.

assuming your parents dont know your drinking, there IS NO SHAME in asking for help. i drank for 16 years. and just like you are finding out .. in time, it becomes a necessity. we answer when it calls. if we cant afford to answer the call ... we find a way.
    things for me werent that great when i was your age either. drinking was my enjoyment until I allowed it to take control over me.
    the thoughts of being without our boose seens unthinkable. we dont know how we will be able to handle it.
    i can tell you from alot of experiance ... the effort, suffering we endure while gettin sober .. is a far cry from the pain it will cause you as time goes on. that you can bank on. ppl dont look down upon those that seek help.

keep this in mind ... you have a choice .. short term pain that leads to a positive and progressive life ... or long term pain that will forever get worse as time goes on.
    my best to all 3 of you. if you need help, let me know.
    odie

5. captnrage

captnrage Member

Hello Odie,
    I dont know about the others but as far as i go, I dont live with my parents and havent for years. Second I've been clean for years and I noticed you said different clean times so I was wondering how much time you have now?

6. ODIECOM

i have been clean for 17 years, and i have almost 14 being sober. sorry i didnt sound clear

7. ODIECOM

my post was for createdforopinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.