Im finding it so hard to not self harm

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by notwanting2live, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notwanting2live

notwanting2live Well-Known Member

heya, I am new to this, as i have said on another post, but is it just me but do people find it hard to break a cycle of self harming?

i mean, i have been doing it for years, and i just cant stop doing it, it helps me so much whilst the blood pours out, but then after all i feel is guilt, then i end up doing it again, is it just me being crazy or is it kind of normal?

2. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

I felt the same way. It feels good when you do it, but then looking back, it's a stupid thing to do.

I've broken the cycle. I haven't cut for 6 weeks now, and it's very hard. But the support from some very special people has helped me so much. I still miss it like mad, but it's for the best (for me anyway)

So I can totally understand where you are coming from. You can always PM me, if you want to chat ^_^

Take care, :hug: xx

3. Rachael41

Rachael41 Well-Known Member

I completely understand how u feel ..it is hard to stop
    its asthough cutting yourself lets you feel. and to me, it cheers me up.

sometimes im fine then all of a sudden i jst get an urge to hurt myself.
    I dont think your crazy and i think everyone will agree... Self harming helps you to feel alive..

Iv been doin it for yrs aswell..But when you go through a phase of not doin it, u feel so much better :)
    Breakin the cycle must be hard, but its worth it.

Your definetly not crazy, its understandable its difficult to stop

4. Enceladus

Enceladus Member

Try putting your razors or whatever you use to cut yourself into an envelope, then tape it shut. Write a note to yourself decribing why you shouldn't and how you feel after you do it, then tape the note to envelope so you'll see it every time you go for the razors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.