I'm finished

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Johnnyc, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

About a half hour ago I lost my job,I was good at my job was made to feel I was not. Work was my only social outlet, now I have none.
    With all my depression I have been having I can see my future as being pretty glum. I am I failure at everything I do, why try?
    I will though succeed at my death, a few pills and it can be over.

2. Khloe

Khloe Well-Known Member

I'm new here.
    so bare with me if im not too sure how to use the forums..

Talk to me, how are you feeling?
    what are you doing right now? x

3. Johnnyc

I feel like crap, I have lost the only thing I was good at.

What am I doing, crying and waiting for the liquor stores to open it will be easier that way.

4. Khloe

Khloe Well-Known Member

You probably feel like your worthless right now, and that there's no point to anything, because you have lost your job.
    Your gunna feel shit for a while and whatever anybody says to you, won't mean an awful lot because your feeling sad and upset.

What are your hobbies? What things do you like to do?
    Are you creative?

5. Johnnyc

I have no hobbies and have intrest in what I used to do.

6. Johnnyc

You know I always thought I would cut my wrists, but pills seem more simple

7. cherry.blossom

cherry.blossom Well-Known Member

Johnny
    you are not the only one...
    I know you feel like you are, but sadly its so common to lose a job in this times.....
    If you feel you are good at what you were doin, maybe its because... you are.
    New oportunities will arise, they will....
    its just a matter of time
    have hope :( life is a constant change!!

8. Khloe

Khloe Well-Known Member

Ok, what was your job?
    And do you mind me asking why you lost it?
    Is there any way you could try to get it back? or find something simular?

Do something to take your mind off this for the moment,
    a short term fix to cheer you up a little bit,
    when i feel like this, i tend to put music on to drown out my tears, or i eat! (not always a good solution)

xx

9. Ringo

Ringo Well-Known Member

I've been in that frame of mind where you feel completely helpless and don't want to go on anymore. It's horrible but it does pass.

10. cherry.blossom

Yes, it does pass.

11. Johnnyc

I do not have time I have a mortgage to pay and no savings

I was a delivery driver worked in customer service
    I lost my job because I was being pushed out I saved my dignity and just left
    I do not want back into that industry this is the second time this has happened to me in just as many years

12. Khloe

Khloe Well-Known Member

Ok so you left, because you felt like you were being pushed out..
    doesn't this tell you that you want or deserve something better?

You need to pick yourself up and find the same type of job, at a different place. Your good at it, you didn't get fired, your not a failure, you had the guts and the power to leave with your own dignity.

13. cherry.blossom

Khloe couldnt have said it any better.

14. Johnnyc

I have no skills, this type of work is what I have done for 17 years.

15. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I beg to differ here hun. That fact that I'm typing a reply to your thread is testament that you are not a failure at everything. If not for you and other members here, I would of kept listening to the thought and urges and wouldnt be here now.

That's why you try!!!! You dont know me from shit. But yet your caring, support and understanding of others pain helped you to prevent another person from severely harming themself. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that you have helped.

You try because although you have lost your job, you know you were good at it, enjoyed it, and want it back. So turn the depression over the loss into drive to fight and look for another job like the old one. Or even something completely different. A new adventure so to speak. Maybe the something that is going to change how you think and feel about yourself and the depression itself!!!!

Keep posting here. Keep reaching out and letting the hurt and frustration out. But most of all, dont give up. Read the replies you have made to other members. Proof positive that you are anything but a failure!!!!!

16. Khloe

Khloe Well-Known Member

Yes you do have skills, you needed skills for your job didnt you?
    must of done to do it for 17 years!

In which case, these skills can be used for exactly the same type of job, somewhere else, with a different company!

Don't give up on yourself, your better than that!
    If i, who have only been on this website, what about an hour? can beleive in you and be confident that you have the ability to do whatever you push yourself to do, then you can too!

17. Ringo

Ringo Well-Known Member

View it as their loss and aim to prove them wrong.

18. Johnnyc

But it's my loss I couln't stick up for myself, I got tears in my eyes while talking to the boss. I am not strong I couldn't deal with the stress of the situation so I walked out. That shows how weak I am. A real man could have stood his ground but not me I ran from the situation.

not this time though

19. Khloe

Khloe Well-Known Member

everybody gets scared, your NOT a failure.

Do you regret leaving?

your better than what your emotions are making you feel right now, block them out. they're your emotions, they're not you.
    Push whatever you feel away, and rise above it.
    your better than this!

20. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

No no. A real man? You mean those self important bastards that stand there let the boss say as he wants, then brashly walks out the boss's office, guffaws and bullshits about the situation with his buds til his shift is done, then heads to the nearest bar, gets drunk and blabbers like a baby to anyone who is drunk enough to really care?

You are more man than any of those. You have a heart that can be hurt but can also be helpful. You're hurting right now. So let some of us that understand help you through it. Then once you've had a chance to get back up and take a few baby steps towards a better solution than suicide, you can get back to helping others.

You are not a weak person because you showed some true raw emotions infront of another person. My God that speaks volumes of your strength!!!!!

Why not take a long hot shower. Grab some horribly greasy comfort foods and some pop. Put on a fave movie that you know every line by heart ( so you dont have to worry if you're mind wanders for a few seconds and you miss some) and give yourself a break!!!!

After you've had time to let your brain stop reeling, head off to bed and start the next morning maybe still hurt but not so overwhelmed by what has happened. We'll still be here to listen and help when you need us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.