I'm Getting A Therapist!

Epical Taylz

But the problem is that I'm worried to tell him too much.
He's supposed to be one of the best therapists in Michigan, but I'm getting worried.:ohmy:

I've had two therapists prior to this one.
They were both girls and made me feel inferior.
Like I was worth nothing, like I was being studied.
So I quit going to them. They weren't at the same
time, of course, just stating what has happened thus
far.

My friend Chrystal, who suggested I go to her therapist,
said that he is very nice and doesn't ask you how it makes
you feel often. She says that he has written many books and
stuff.

*sigh* I don't know what to do..:cry:

downunder

I hate that question "how does that make you feel" grrrrrrrrrr (how do you think). Good luck. I just let them know a little at a time.

snowraven

Therapists are there to help and can only really do so if they are given the whole picture. I know it's hard to really open up but hopefully you will learn to trust this one and be able to do so. Best wishes.S.

Epical Taylz

what are you worried about telling him?
i dont know, im worried about telling the truth.
worried about what will happen when i tell him
that i have tried killing myself.

i saw him for the first time today. it wasnt as
bad as i thought. at least he doesnt look like
a bitch -_-. i think that it'll work out fine :]

ill keep you updated if youd like. in this
thread *this goes for anyone*

wunderwood

I don't think you should be scared of that. It isn't going to get you locked up or anything unless you let him know you are a current threat to yourself.

Stay safe and try to trust.

mdmefontaine

Antiquities Friend
how IS this new therapist going? others here are right. it helps more, it is more effective IF you open up.

but it IS hard to trust someone with suicidal thoughts, feelings, and acts.
i understand sweetie.
pm me anytime. ok?

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Hey Taylor,
You don't have to tell all from the beginning. Take your time and share what you feel like sharing that day. It took me two years before I told Gina everything. I'm on my third year and now that she knows all we are getting down to brass facts that help me cope with my feelings. Syick it out it's worth it!! Take care Sunshine!!

crookxshanks

im sure if you started with the things you feel comfortable with talking about and the things that are affecting you at the moment then it will be easier for you to start with. then after time, when you feel more comfortable, start with what you need to. mention it but outskirt it if you feel you cant delve into it. the more you outskirt something with a therapist the more you realise your actually saying what you need to rather than what you feel like its what they want to. and to me thats the crux of therapist sessions. you say what you feel you need to rather than what they want to here

really hope it goes well for you

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00