I'm giving up

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Blackbird33, Sep 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackbird33

Blackbird33 Well-Known Member

I've seen the people I wanted to see before I die even though I didn't say goodbye per se I had a chance to see them one last time. I've tried to better my life both personally and professionally the only conclusion I've come to is how hopeless my life really is. So now the question do I spend the next 40, 50 years being miserable, alone, wasting away or do I end things on my own terms. Now more than I ever I have total clarity on what I should do I that life will only get worse from here on out so its time for me to let go.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there Blackbird,

There is a website which has been mentioned many times here on this forum for people who want to meet people with similar issues, its nolongerlonely.com
    Last I knew some people had some success of meeting someone...I'm sorry if that is not what you were looking for just thought it might be a nice idea if you were looking to meet a partner.
    I take it from your post that you are young or young-ish! I know how it feels to feel that bad, it's so bad I rather not go back and think about it....I know you have probably heard 100x over that things can get better, but they really can! Are you on medications or in therapy?
    Right now, while my depression is gone, I still am suffering anxiety and quite a bit of loneliness! :( Just know you are not alone in this.

3. Blackbird33

I appreciate but I've given up on meeting anyone been alone for most of my life most friends have either turned their back on me or moved on with their own lives.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That is sad and happens way too often...not everyone is like that. Not all people are like that although I do appreciate your feelings though that you don't want to take that chance of being hurt yet again and I can understand that, I just hope you do not hurt yourself. :hug:

5. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

Life is complicated. For example, it is very hard to predict the future based on your current situation as things may turn around, much to your surprise! Blackbird, you may be surprised that you won't end up miserable and alone as you anticipate, believe you me.

6. saturniidae

saturniidae Member

Why is it that people say they're your friend...but they always end up abandoning you...rather...everyone always says "I'm here for you" but when you need someone. no one is there.....do people even know what it means to be a friend anymore?

7. Blackbird33

I have no illusions im just not someone that people will make the effort for im not someone that others will seek out for connection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.