I'm glad I didn't kill myself. maybe you'll be too?

Talia862

Hi friends. I just wanted to say, I was here just a few months ago, and I was so suicidal. I have bipolar disorder and I had to switch psych meds. They were tapering me off one, and then they put me on another and it wasn't working. It was awful. I was so suicidal. I'm sure many of you remember me. I had such incredibly strong suicidal feelings - I wanted to die so badly.

Well, now, the medicine is working so much better. I feel so much better. My suicidal thoughts are almost completely gone. I have whole days where it doesn't even cross my mind. And I have been thinking, I am even glad I didn' do it. I never thought I'd feel that way, but I am. Work is going really well, and I am having a lot of really nice times talking to friends and I am feeling better. I joined a writer's group and I'm working on two books and a lot of different projects. I really am doing so much better.

I was in a suicidal depression for months and months and I never thought it would get any better. But it did. Psych meds really can help sometimes. And the pain is a little less too.

I just wanted to say, don't lose hope. Maybe things will get better for you too.

Thank you for being there for me when I needed it!

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi there,
Of course we remember you. I'm really glad to hear you're feeling so much better. Remember that when the dark times settle in again - cause they do come and go but you always have light again in the future. You take good care of yourself.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
That is wonderful to hear. :) I certainly believe it's possible for everyone, and I'm happy you're in that better place right now. I wish you as many good moments in the future as possible, and to deal with the less good ones in a more peaceful way, too. Thank you for writing to us, it means a lot for many people here, I'm sure. Take care of yourself. Sending lots of love and hugs.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
That is some excellent news and glad to hear of the improvement and hopes that it continues for you, and a fine message of encouragement to others from you.

Ineluki

The Storm King
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hi Talia! *bravo
These kinds of threads are my absolute favorite, hearing about someone succeeding with treatment and feeling better at the end of the day.

Thanks for returning here to let us know how you are doing.

--Luki

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
This is fantastic for you! Thank you ☺😊. . (We usually only hear of the bad reviews..;))—reminds me a little bit of a story I was reading on Lady Gaga the other day out of the UK- in regards an interview she did with Oprah, about her success story with ; I m forgetting if it was mood stabilizers, or antipsychotics: but that’s no matter! The point was that thye were what was working for her... : ) And while I don’t recall your more recent struggles, I do remember you from prior times, and I must say I am very happy to have you feeling so good and heading in a positive direction! Good luck with the writing ✍️ thing. That s one of those disciplines that “seems,” served best by certain types of mental illness (at least if you go back throughout history); but I don’t wanna make it sound too cavalier— so, best wishes!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00